“Excellent would definitely recommend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cottage for 5
Cottage for 4
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
davegrain
Southampton
“Excellent would definitely recommend”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in August 2018

Lovely place, lovely owners lovely island. Would definitely recommend others, especially if you haven't seen Sark before.

notpastit...
Bedale, United Kingdom
“Peaceful”
Reviewed August 21, 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

I rented three of the cottages to take my family on holiday to Sark. They are very conveniently situated next to the Seigneurie gardens. L’Ecluse has a beautiful garden too, very peaceful and full of wonderful flowers.
My husband and I had the “sleeps 2” tiny cottage, which was a bit like being in a caravan and obviously has damp issues but is none the worse for that. The bathroom was good, nice shower, not too small but didn’t seem to have any ventilation as such. The beds (2 singles) are above it on a mezzanine type floor with very awkward steps and a ceiling you are guaranteed to bang your head on - and we did. There is very limited storage space but Mary told us to put our cases in the utility room which helped. The kitchen area was very small, right outside the bathroom door and the cooker was a mini portable oven with 2 hot plates, the kettle had to be unplugged to plug it in. The microwave was good but you had to unplug the toaster to use it. I wouldn’t have wanted to cook much in there but as my son had the “sleeps 4” and my daughter the “sleeps 5” we took our plates up and we all ate together.
The two cottages my son and daughter were in, have a steep and uneven outside flight of steps up which was a bit of a worry with small children although they seemed to manage quite well. However there is no outside lighting, I’m glad I packed my torch.
These two cottages were much better appointed, the 4 bed was bungalow style, the 5 bed has three beds in an attic type bedroom which does not have a door at the top of an open spiral staircase. This does have implications for noise issues. The bedroom was spacious for the three kids and the nearly 3 year old did manage the stairs quite well, provided her elder siblings weren’t larking about.
The 4 bed bizarrely has a carpeted bathroom and no shower curtain.
As self catering goes the bigger cottages were as you’d expect but unless you want to eat out a lot the 2 bed is not so good. En famile we did a lot of sharing which helped.
Overall we had a great time. I’ve been to Sark before so knew what to expect.
Mary is very helpful and friendly and I wouldn’t hesitate to go again.

Karen P
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ms”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I've just spent ten days staying at L'Ecluse and loved it. The garden is stunning and the location is peaceful nestling in woodland but within five minutes from a stunning bay. The whole of Sark is easily accessible from here via bike or walking. Mary and Bronwyn are delightful hosts. I highly recommend L'Ecluse.

AndrewL12
Westerham, Kent
“Brilliant location, fantastic stay, couldn't have been looked after better”
Reviewed September 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

This is our eighth trip to Sark and the first time we didn't stay on Little Sark. The location of L'Ecluse, just next to the Seigneurie (and Hathaways!) is brilliant. The ability to walk down to Port du Moulin for an evening picnic and the chance to explore the headland was brilliant. Mary was an exceptional hostess and we were well looked after by the delightful Bronwyn. We stayed in the smaller of the 2 bedroom accommodations available however it was more than adequate although we would probably wouldn't have chosen to cook too many main meals. Addition of a shower would make this practically perfect for a family holiday. Wireless and satellite TV were a luxury however being able to see the Milky Way on a "dark sky' clear night was unbeatable. We will doubtless return as there is more exploring to do!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
23 Sep 2017
Andrew,Carys and friends. What a delightful party to have stay. Sociable,fun and we'd love to have you back. Mary and Bronwyn.
parryj0ne...
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Inviting friendly environment”
Reviewed August 25, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Mary and Bronwyn are naturals in the hospitality business. Cottages immaculately maintained as are the beautiful gardens. Nothing too much trouble. Have been coming regularly for years.

barryf100...
Diss, United Kingdom
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed August 2, 2017 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

I did not know that Mary's rental was on Trip Advisor and just spotted it.
We live in the U.K and have stayed at this wonderful rental cottage numerous times.
It is in the most lovely valley with stunning gardens.
Surrounded by woodland and yet a stones throw from the cliff path and down to the beach.
The accomodation was always beautifully clean.
Sark is one amazing island with superb walks and lovely places to eat.
Look forward to coming back in the future
We LOVED IT

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing