“Fab! Fab! Fab! ”
Review of Meltdown Chester

Meltdown Chester
Ranked #33 of 593 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: Local independent coffee shop and grilled cheese sandwich bar. Serving decent coffee, craft beers, grilled cheese sandwiches and good vibes in a laid back environment. Sunny garden (Dogs welcome). Neighbourhood bar a short stroll over the river from Chester's town centre.
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Two words.....absolutely fabulous!! great food! Great staff! And great atmosphere!! Well worth the 10min walk from the city centre! You won't be disappointed!!! Unless you don't like cheese!!!

1  Thank Sarah V

Reviewed August 18, 2017

The BEST cheese toasties you'll ever eat.
Guaranteed.
Large cheese toastie with a side of chilli jam. Genuinely perfect.
Get involved, support your local businesses, same price as a shi**y pre-packed sandwich from you're usual suspect giant soul sucking chain cafe or shop, and a million time the quality.

Be back soon x

1  Thank Rob K
Reviewed August 15, 2017

A quite rustic cafe in the quite suburbs of Handbridge took me back to the place I grew up and across the road from the secondary school I attended. My colleague and I chose the pulled beef - it was to die for, so we shared a second one, beans and cheese reminds me of my childhood and the spinach with goats cheese, all served by an enthused owner who just enjoyed her job - well worth a visit

1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Went in for a quick lunch with a friend and 3 kids. It was amazing. Great menu, great service, great grilled cheese. The outdoor area was perfect for the kids it has a chalkboard and outdoor games. Thanks for our amazing lunch. We will 100% be back again soon.

1  Thank nicknox83
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Parking is free outside for half an hour, but as other reviewers have said it's only a 5 min walk from lower bridge street. I had the four cheese melt, with a side of homemade slaw - it was delicious but next time I think I would order the smaller size as I had to get a doggy bag! Coffee was lovely and the cucumber water offered before we ordered any other drinks was a nice touch. Will be back to try the other options!

1  Thank EmmaM1979