“spur of the moment”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Post code is CH1 3DN
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I think we were the last people in here as the place was quite empty and people leaving when we arrived, however the guys here couldnt do enough for us and the meal was absolutely lovely

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited last night on off chance. Looked nice from outside. Staff welcoming and polite. Menus were sticky and basic - not good start. Onion Bhajis were bland and cold - first time ever had to season Indian food myself - they didn't even come with the usual sauce - had to ask for some. Worst Bhajis I've ever had. Main courses of chicken balti and chicken korai were tasty but very oily, as was the mushroom pilau. Garlic naan was lovely though. We both suffered over night, probably due to amount of oil we consumed. Also drunk and loud customers spoilt atmosphere, due to foul language, on the whole not pleasant experience, will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The lamb rogan josh went through me like a dose of salts. They charged me for a glass of wine that i never had.

1  Thank manakinman
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Used to regularly eat here, especially for the Sunday buffet but todays visit will be our last. Sadly the restaurant has changed hands and is now awful. We arrived at about 1:30pm and nothing was out at all, and took a further half hour before food slowly started being served. The food was not worth the wait. Unfortunately the tandoori chicken was raw and cold, bhajis that seemed to have been cooked a long while ago, tasteless aloo pakoras and far from fresh salad. We tried the mains as we couldn't eat the starters but sadly these were worse. Everything was just warm and had a terrible flavour, possibly the worst Indian food we have EVER had. We got up and left but strangely they only offered to remove drinks from the bill, although I would have happily paid for those. The manager was not available as apparently he doesn't come in at all! We will not be returning and would advise anyone else to do the same.

1  Thank GaryW1111
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Living locally I have now been to this restaurant with friends and family, both for take aways and sit in food.

I've been made aware of some managerial changes, but the food is top notch. Have tried a number of different meals on the menu and all are authentic and fresh in taste rather than being bland or processed take away food.

Compared to some of the more expensive restaurants in Chester the food, service and value for money by far exceeds them. The only downside is that the restaurant is generally quiet so if you dont want very attentive service then this may be a drawback. I would look at it as a benefit - freshly made food to order, great service, and no drunk or gobby people to put you off your food!