2,762 results
All reviews kings grill kings quarters train station waiting room queens hotel bucks fizz lovely hotel car park on arrival groupon deal city centre cocktail bar reception staff buffet breakfast one night stay hotel bar lovely room
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stayed in the hotel for my daughters birthday.
Never fail to be impressed with the hotel, and this time we received 2 free upgrades.
Will certainly be back again.
Breakfast room has been updated, and really nice and well organised.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
queendeputy, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DVD1302,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of your recent visit to our hotel.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, full of charm and grandeur. Comfortable rooms. Polite and helpful staff. Disappointed with experience in the restaurant though, two evenings I had to return food which was not served hot, barely warm - soup and fish cakes.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Deb T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, however I am very disappointed to hear your feedback from the restaurant.I have brought your comments to the head chef for review.

I do hope we are given the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Room spacious and in Kings Suites 7th floor great views and quiet. Breakfast , featured a good selection including full English which was always hot and tasty. I ate in the main restaurant on one evening food was very nice and staff attentive. I also ate in the hotel bar on several occasions and again the quality of food was very good. I was in a group and whilst there were some slight differences in what was served as to what was ordered the staff always sorted things out without any dramas. Staff in the hotel from facilities to reception and bar I always found very pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Am looking forward to staying in the hotel again this week in Chester.

Room Tip: Unsure as only stayd in one room so nothing to compare it with.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear 557rays,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay here and that any issues were dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Firstly the location of The Queen is really excellent. Walking out of Chester’s quaint railway station The Queen is the first thing you see on looking to the left. A majestic looking façade, very impressive.
The public rooms all seem pretty alright too. There was some freshening improving redecoration occurring and first impressions were good; especially when coupled with a friendly efficient greeting at reception help with calling a taxi and proactive offer to store my case until my room was ready.

On returning, I was given Room 219. There is a plaque on the door that apparently relates to Coronation Street and is, therefore, fictional. I don’t watch soaps so had no clue. I’ll leave my comment there as I know there have been improvements made to the room as a result of my emailing the manager- received excellent replies from some feedback I sent.

As a result of the above, I asked for a change of rooms and was allocated a replacement. The twin room was comfortable and had everything I needed. The accommodation is in need of a refurbishment and I believe that to be underway.

Breakfast service was friendly but slow due to the process used in greeting and seating. I’m aware that the process has been reviewed and will be changing.

All in all this is a nice looking, slightly tired, friendly hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
queendeputy, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Oscar830,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your time here and that you are satisfied with the after stay customer care you have received following feedback the feedback you provided.

Improvements are indeed underway in all areas mentioned and I do hope we are given the opportunity to showcase these changing should you visit Chester again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

This hotel is in a great position opposite the rail station and shuttle bus stop into the city centre. The hotel itself was very pleasant and sympathetically updated. Our table had been reserved and we were met at the front door and taken to our table by a lovely member of staff. The food was very nice and we enjoyed eating it... and drinking the prosecco. All staff were very helpful. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
queendeputy, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear pollyoppy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review following your recent afternoon tea.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your afternoon with us and that the team looked after you well.

We hope we are able to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.