All reviews sandstone trail cheshire plain the pub peckforton castle cheshire countryside booked a table belly pork sunday roast steak pie beer garden amazing location my partner cooked to perfection both nights bar area an evening meal following morning
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a beautiful evening views amazing. Ordered a bottle Rioja very nice. I started with the tiger prawn pil pil for my main I had duck which was cooked beautiful and was delicious orders a side order of summer vegetable panache and to finish a banofee sundee everything was first class an amazing evening.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2018

Location Location Location
Great views, wonderful food, friendly service.
Take your time make a day if it and you’ll Brie well rewarded, only place I ever saw beef wellington for 1 on a menu and it was delicious.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Well this is a bit of a gem, have been looking out for something like this for a very long time. You travel through stunning typical British countryside into this quirky little Pub and Inn set against verdant landscapes. The food is amazing here so is their choice of British Ale's.

The views from their views are amazing, the sunset on a good sunny days could beat almost any location you could imagine.

Room tip: The T Bone Steak its brilliant
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Well I guess our experience was a comedy of errors from the moment we walked in!!

This place used to be our all time favourite pub and loved everything about it, from the service to the food and of course the location.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t normally write anything but we aired our views last night and to be honest to didn’t think they could give two hoots about it!!

From the second we walked in I felt like it was all a chore and we had to prompt the waitress to order a drink. We ordered a gin and tonic of which the waitress hadn’t got a clue what they even had, once arrived they used to have a stylish garnish but this time nothing (may sound silly but this was always a lovely touch).

We then ordered a sharing board to be told by the manager 25 minutes later that we couldn’t have it as it was past 6pm!! Firstly why on earth did it take that amount of time for the manager to realise, the waitress should have been informed that people can’t order this after 6pm and the manager dealt with it by saying ‘well the chef only just told me’. It may have been a nice touch to say meet us half way as most of the things were on the starter menu anyway. Possibly offer to make up something with what was on the starter menu as we had been wating for 25 minutes even to be told they couldn’t do it!! It’s all about going to extra mile, I know rules are there for a reason but sometimes we can all do something to soften the blow.

We then ordered some nibbles which quite honestly were bland and tasteless!! The garlic bread was dry as dry and the sausages/black pudding were also dry and the honey wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

Our mains came and the burger could only be described as a lump of charcoal in a bun!! My partner NEVER complains but he literally couldn’t eat it! My salmon was also pretty much impossible to eat as the sauce was that heavily salted and had an exceptional amount of butter it was awful.

We aired our views to a young waitress and she really didn’t know what to do, she was a lovely girl but just hadn’t been given the tools to deal with a situation like this. She ended up not saying anything then walking off, it then took about 10 miniutes for the manager to arrive.

We felt that she didn’t want to deal with it, granted she took the food off the bill and charged us for the drinks but there wasn’t any desire to know why we weren’t happy. If that was my business I would want to know every detail to ensure it wouldn’t happen again rather than using excuses like ‘she’s a new member of staff’ or ‘the chef only just told me’. YOU are the manager and YOU should ensure the customer experience is one to remember.

The manger I presume took the chef into the back as they walked past us, they then returned where the chef gave us the most sarcastic smile which to be honest was the most unprofessional part of the whole evening!!

We both live to eat out and in all our years have never ever dreamt of writing a bad veview but it feel this place needs a shake up. We haven’t visited for several months so hope this was a random bad night as we have had so many amazing evenings there in the past.

Maybe a little extra training and a massive focus on the customer experience would help!!

6  Thank julie b
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Staying at Carden Park Hotel we decided to eat out and was recommended to try the Pheasant
Not disappointed
On line bookin
Friendly staff
Nice real ales
Reasonable prices
Food good
I can recommend the rib eye steak
Fantastic views