I stayed here late January on business following equally pleasurable experiences at both The Macdonald Old Craxton Wood in Cheshire and The Macdonald Cardrona hotel.
I was impressed with the level of service given to me by the reception team inc. Richard and the lady (forgot her name) - Nothing was too much trouble. They all had an excellent knowledge of the surrounding area and had in depth knowledge of all the available services in the hotel, even navigating me from 2 miles away.
My room, as I always find with Macdonald Hotels, was spotlessly clean and generously spacious compared to many other hotels and was complimented with modern, good quality furnishings and most importantly, a huge comfy bed!
I was impressed by the choice at breakfast the following morning and the level of attentiveness by the restaurant staff at breakfast and couldn't fault them or the quality of food.
All in all, a great hotel only in the heart of the lakes, with great staff and as an employee within the travel industry myself, would have no doubts at recommending this hotel or any other within the group for a either a business trip, or a leisurely break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms