2,079 results
All reviews car park central location lovely hotel excellent location one way system cooked breakfast black pudding early hours reception staff city break evening meal hotel restaurant breakfast was excellent afternoon tea short break my birthday full english
Reviewed July 21, 2015

I have stayed in Chester for one night only while sightseeing in the area. Macdonald New Blossoms is an excellent hotel and the room only cost me 70 pounds, which was a bargain! The room was perfect, very clean, with excellent bathroom! The staff in the hotel were very attentive and helpful (provided us with city map and suggested an excellent pub). I went for breakfast which was a bit pricey (17 pounds each), but was worth it, with great selection buffet and a full English breakfast cooked to perfection! Hotel has an excellent location too! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank empire_v88
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2015

Dear empire_v88

Thanks so much for your kind review of the New Blossoms it is appreciated. So pleased you've highlighted our fantastic Breakfast. It goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

All the very best

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Great location, fabulous rooms .... cant fault the staff .. really helpful and friendly (you have to try some of the cocktails these guys can do :))
Stayed in an executive room which are really spacious - huge beds... Would definitely stay again ..

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cariad1978

Dear Cariad1978,

Many Thanks for your very kind words in regards to the New Blossoms and its Great Staff and our fantastic Cocktails it is really appreciated, We do hope to see you back at the New Blossoms sometime soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 20, 2015

Booked a Classic room for a weekend in Chester to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. When we checked in, the hotel had upgraded our room, there was 8 roses in the room, anniversary card, cake and a ccomplimentary glass of wine bought up to the room to us. Could not fault the service, the staff are friendly and attentive. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dantommatt

Dear Dantommatt,

Many Thanks for your very kind review of the New Blossoms. I am really pleased that you had a Great stay with us whilst you were celebrating your Anniversary. I do hope that we see you again soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed July 15, 2015

It was our 1st anniversary so it was to be a special celebration,we paid £185 for the room that I was ok with as it was our first year married. The room was tiny, looked out onto a roof, toilet was not clean, the noise at night from the club was really loud even tho we got in at 12:30am we got no sleep, the room was really really hot even with the fan on and the 1 window in the room only opened about 2inches. We got no sleep at all and when we complained in the morning the lady on the desk just said all I can do is say sorry! Not really good enough. Would have got a much better room and better nights sleep in a budget hotel. Don not stay here!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank O4957PUmarkn
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

Dear O4957PUmarkn,

Thank you for your review of the New Blossoms, I always appreciate Guest Feedback, this allows me to see how we are doing, could you please contact me on my email gm.blossoms@macdonald-hotels.co.uk so that I can personally investigate your concerns.

Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2015

The staff were very helpful, and the food was extremely good. One the negative side, the room was very small, not particularly clean and 'well used' especially the bathroom. The wifi is not good enough for a business traveler as it kept dropping out all the time. If you are a tourist and want good food and a central location it's great, if you are on business, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear alexpl4468IC,

Many Thanks for your review of the New Blossoms. I was pleased to read that my staff were helpful and that you enjoyed our food, our WIFI is due an upgrade anytime soon, I do hope that we will see you back with us real soon.

Best Wishes