2,068 results
All reviews car park central location lovely hotel excellent location one way system cooked breakfast black pudding early hours reception staff city break evening meal breakfast was excellent hotel restaurant afternoon tea my birthday short break full english
Reviewed August 29, 2018

This is a four star hotel, and, as far as I am concerned it lives up to this. Our room was large and clean and the bed was HUGE ! Staff friendly and helpful. The hotel does not have it's own parking - like many city centre hotels - but they offer discount for the nearby shopping centre car park so you get 24 hours plus for £9. For a 4 star hotel it is reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the four star review. Your kind words will be passed onto the team who I am sure will be thrilled.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

I booked this hotel for my husband and myself to celebrate my 50th birthday, I chose a more expensive room based on the added extras in the room, the room was advertised as having bathrobes slippers, water, upgrade toiletries a nespresso coffee machine and a docking station..
On arrival I noticed that none of these extras were in the room, I rang reception as I thought I had been given the wrong room,
I was to,d it was correct and they would send bathrobes and slippers up.
I asked about all the other items that should be in the room to which she replied that al, the docking stations had been stolen and she would see if she could find a coffee machine.
I really wasn’t happy with this, as they should have been there to start with, I told the receptionist that I wanted to speak to the duty manager. As I wanted a reduction in my room rate i opted for the more expensive room due the the extras I was not receiving, she said the manager was busy and she didn’t know when he could come and speak to me.
My husband and I were meeting friends, I told her I just couldn’t sit around waiting , so she said on my return there would be a message from the duty manager .
We returned at 9pm there was no message, and still no water, a coffee machine had been placed in the room, but no cups (the cups in the room were too large to fir under the machine, the machine was also filthy, I did not use it, I had filled it with water, the following morning the water had leaked all over the dressing table so was faulty .
In addition to this, When we arrived back at the hotel, I called reception to ask for the water again, and asked for a room service menu, I was to,d they didn’t have any menus, and they were not serving room service that day.. the resturaunt has just shut, so we did not eat, not great when you advertise 24 hour room service, and we had planned our evening around this.
On check out I to,d the receptionist that I would be writing in with my complaint, as if I realised I would not of been getting any of the extras then I wouldn’t have bothered paying extra for larger room, she asked if I want ed th emanated to ring me, I said yes, but this didn’t happen. Will not be staying again also extremely noisy throughout the night as nightclub next door

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank _estelle_hornett
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I can assure you I will be investigating as to why these items were missing from your room.

The docking Station and Coffee machine are no longer offered in any Executive room throughout the Macdonald group. I appreciate you raising your concern as this has identified a problem with the agent you booked with still advertising this. I can assure you this has been changed.

The robes, slippers and toiletries should however have been placed in your room prior to arrival. I sincerely apologise that these items were missing and that a member of the management team failed to resolve the matter for you prior to your departure.

I have also written to you privately in regards to your stay.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

The hotel is within the walls of Chester so parking is non existent so you have to pay £10 to park per day.
The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant looked a little quiet so we ate elsewhere. Breakfast was atrocious, it took five minutes to order tea or coffee, there were dirty tables all around us, others were waiting too and someone was complaining rather loudly about the lack of service. My husband ordered porridge and an omelette with bacon on the side. I ordered boiled eggs and brown toast. The porridge arrived with the omelette at the same time!!! The waiter asked why he didn't want the omelette. Obvious really he wanted to eat the porridge first.when he eventually got the omelette it had been kept warm and it had bacon and sausage in the omelette!!!
It was like shoe leather. My eggs arrived, they were almost hard boiled. I asked for soft eggs again which took forever. We ate parts of the terrible breakfast and left as we had spent over an hour here when it should have taken 30 minutes. The hotel needs someone to run breakfast and oversee things. Training of the staff as well would help as I could have myself cleared tables quicker than the staff and even made a decent edible breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Belinda W
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I appreciate the four star review and apologise that this was let down by breakfast.

I can assure you the relevant training will be carried out with the staff. Since your visit we have made a number of changes and improvements to ensure a smooth breakfast service.

I hope this hasn't deterred you from returning in the future.

Once again thank you for feedback and I sincerely apologise for the disappointment over breakfast.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing stay here .Booked two rooms for two nights and upon check in asked for quiet rooms . I was told no problem . ( I think the fact there is a nightclub under the hotel open until the early hours should be stated before booking) . Two of the guests in my party could hear the music until the early hours . Our room had a very small bathroom which was not spotlessly clean. The bed sloped to one side so I felt like I was falling out . Then the shower ... scalding hot or stone cold . I reported this to reception who said maintenance would sort it . Nothing changed it was still rubbish after . They were lacking staff and quite a few drinks missing in the bar , no baileys , no pink gin ...... Then breakfast ...what a joke . Staff are either stood around not making eye contact with the guests or running back and forwards with butter , sugar , sauces . There were no plates out on the continental breakfast , orange juice ran out , no spoons to serve the jams then the toaster set on fire which set off the smoke alarms . You get coffee but no sugar so you have to ask . Nothing was topped up on the continental breakfast .There was a queue of people waiting to be seated and I counted 10 tables which were empty but had not been cleared . When the breakfast arrived it was a child’s portion . Not good . It might be an idea to have sugar and sauces out on the tables to save the staff running back and forwards with these . Also butter with the condiments and toast machine would be useful . Maybe then they could clear the tables quicker and top up the continental breakfast . Oh and they add 10% service to your drinks bill without telling you . I think this is a bit cheeky . We had had some drinks and asked to pay . We were just told the amount which we paid . It was only after when we looked at the receipt that we saw the extra service charge . The only good thing about this hotel is the location . Would not stay here again though

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank traceythompson30
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I stayed at this hotel Saturday to Monday, I was in room 304 which happens to be over the Disco and I can tell you that this is not a room to stay. The disco must have gone on till 4am boom boom. No sleep. I complained next morning, also room not up to scratch bathroom quite dirty. I was not asked to move or any reply from the Management. Also at breakfast they ran out orange juice all the time no sugar or salt on the table and you had to ask for butter for toast. So I was very disappointed as it was not a cheap place to stay so poor value.

Room Tip: If staying here go for middle of hotel
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sylvia M

Dear Guest,

Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values. As a Company, we always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

Please accept my sincerest apologies in regards to the noise disturbance you suffered from your room during your stay us. Following the implementation of internal secondary glazing in your room, I would have hoped that the noise from outside on the street would have been greatly reduced. I am currently in disputes with the local clubs on St John St to prevent revelers from congregating outside the New Blossoms. I am also in constant communication with the owners of the Red Door Club beneath the New Blossoms to see what can be done to improve their internal soundproofing. I am extremely sorry for your disturbed sleep.

I can assure you that we would have done everything possible to move you if other rooms where availability allowed us to do so. I have reminded my Night Manager that any Guests requests for a change of room are to be met whenever possible.

I can assure you all the Management and staff of the New Blossoms Hotel want nothing more than for all our guests to have a fantastic stay with us and on this occasion I am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance you had.