2,066 results
All reviews car park central location lovely hotel excellent location one way system cooked breakfast black pudding early hours reception staff city break evening meal breakfast was excellent hotel restaurant afternoon tea my birthday short break full english
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm unsure who has rated this a 4 star- I think they had rose tinted glasses when scoring. The "luxury" room was very dated and certainly not on par with other hotels rated also as 4 star. Rooms weren't particularly clean and upon check out when I informed the male manager about this he simply stated "Thanks for letting us know", so being honest if your looking for a nice hotel to treat your partner this isn't the place- with staff who are not interested and the decor that has barely evolved from the 50's.
Finally this advertised a guest bar- and when attempting to access this was told by the night porter that they were shirt staffed, yet the general manager had gone home. Total let down and wouldn't return

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kcringle
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and safe to say we won't be returning. Staff when disinterested in us on arrival we had paid for a luxury room, when entering our room the phone was ringing it was the 1980's ringing asking for their decor back. After leaving and having meal we came back to the hotel to access the supposed 24 hour bar to be told by the night ported it was closed and that they where short staffed another selling point of the hotel proven wrong ... how this is rated a 4* is beyond me safe to say it was Mcawful Mcminty but most of all a Mcwaste of good money....

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nfergi
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and that we failed to meet your expectations. If we had been informed of your issues during your stay we may have been able to resolve them for you.

I can assure you we have an ongoing refurbishment plan in place at the hotel and have spent almost £400,000 over the last 18 months. We will continue to invest to ensure our guests expectations are not just met but exceeded. As you can imagine this is rather costly and timely and all works carried out must be prioritised.

I will be investigated as to why our late bar was closed early as this shouldn't be the case. If passed 1 am the lounge remains open for guests to purchase drinks until late. I am sorry if this was not communicated.

I really do hope you choose to stay with us again as I would love for you to see the improvements made.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed at the McDonalda Blossom Hotel and experienced what was probably the worst breakfast in staying at hotels around the country. The fruit offer was largely juice of empty dishes, the orange juice container had to be tipped up to get dregs of juice, tables were not cleared and the two staff were simply overwhelmed. I complained but still had to pay. There was no response to my complaint so I wrote expressing concern at the lack of response but have received nothing back. This is very disappointing from a supposedly quality hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Graham W

Dear Guest,

Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values. As a Company, we always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

We are in the process of reviewing our breakfast operation and have made a number of improvements since your visit and also currently recruiting a new Breakfast Manager to ensure our guest experience is a good one.

I am sorry you have not received my initial email following your departure however can confirm that as soon as I received your feedback, communication was sent.

I really do hope this hasn't deterred you from returning in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Booked 2 rooms via Internet last week, (Priceline), and what on paper looked to be a good deal...….. at the end, overall turned to be just average at best!

Friendly and very helpful Reception Staff and comfortable beds were the best points, everything else was not way near 4* standard!

Having spent over 50 years in the "Restaurant Service Industry", I felt SORRY for the only 2 members of Staff, trying to serve Breakfast on the Thursday morning. Maybe, management should have a close look at what's a VERY BIG let down for the hotel.

Would I stay again? On this performance....... absolutly not!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank italian186422

Dear Guest,

I really do appreciate the feedback and I am sorry we failed to meet expectations in some areas of the hotel.

I can assure you we are fully reviewing our breakfast experience and are in the process or recruiting a new Breakfast Manager to ensure improvements are made and expectations met.

We have made a number of improvements since your last stay and I hope you do choose to stay with us in the future as I would love to rebuild your confidence.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Stayed here for the night whilst visiting chester in august. The location is slap bang in the middle of town, close to all the shops, bars restaurants etc. The foyer and restaurant are smart and well presented and the reception staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean but the decor is very tired looking, particularly the bathroom with old grouting, taps that didnt run well and a bath that took ages to empty. The bed was very comfy and the toiletries and coffee facilities were welcome but we just felt that this hotel didn't hit the mark like other Macdonald hotels we have stayed at in the past. Some investment is needed to bring it up to standard.
Breakfast was tasty but very disorganised. Our cooked breakfast order came out after 25 mins and they got the order wrong twice. About 5 other people we saw get the wrong order too. We were told they had kitchen issues but I dont see how that makes them mess up an order, especially when they take your order on an ipad. Slightly disappointed by this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yvette741
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values. As a company, we always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

You have raised some very valid points and these will be passed on to my peers. I can assure you we have an ongoing refurbishment in place and have recently spent over £400,000 improving the property as you can imagine this work must be prioritised accordingly.

It is disappointing to hear that your breakfast experience wasn't a great one and I will investigate this personally.

Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope you choose to stay with us again as I would love for you to see the improvements made.