2,098 results
All reviews car park central location lovely hotel excellent location early hours reception staff evening meal city break breakfast was excellent afternoon tea my birthday short break full english cathedral races pubs
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

From check in to leaving was a farce. We paid £181 for the privelage of staying in this dated run down place. How on earth this was graded 4 star us beyond me.
The breakfast time was a shambles it took us an hour between entering the room to leaving and the service was appalling... well what service? Most of the time you had to ask for everything 2/3 times. No coffee wrong tables, no glasses for juice, no butter need i go on. When the breakfast arrived without hash browns or black pudding we had had enough and walked out. Avoid this place it was like faulty towers.

2  Thank juliehirst70
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values. As a Company, we always welcome feedback both positive and negative as this allows us to assess whether our guest’s expectations have been met, and would like to thank you for assisting.

I am extremely disappointed to read about the poor breakfast experience and sincerely apologise for this I will be investigated this personally as this is not our normal standard.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I'm unsure who has rated this a 4 star- I think they had rose tinted glasses when scoring. The "luxury" room was very dated and certainly not on par with other hotels rated also as 4 star. Rooms weren't particularly clean and upon check out when I informed the male manager about this he simply stated "Thanks for letting us know", so being honest if your looking for a nice hotel to treat your partner this isn't the place- with staff who are not interested and the decor that has barely evolved from the 50's.
Finally this advertised a guest bar- and when attempting to access this was told by the night porter that they were shirt staffed, yet the general manager had gone home. Total let down and wouldn't return

Date of stay: August 2018
3  Thank Kcringle
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and safe to say we won't be returning. Staff when disinterested in us on arrival we had paid for a luxury room, when entering our room the phone was ringing it was the 1980's ringing asking for their decor back. After leaving and having meal we came back to the hotel to access the supposed 24 hour bar to be told by the night ported it was closed and that they where short staffed another selling point of the hotel proven wrong ... how this is rated a 4* is beyond me safe to say it was Mcawful Mcminty but most of all a Mcwaste of good money....

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank nfergi

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and that we failed to meet your expectations. If we had been informed of your issues during your stay we may have been able to resolve them for you.

I can assure you we have an ongoing refurbishment plan in place at the hotel and have spent almost £400,000 over the last 18 months. We will continue to invest to ensure our guests expectations are not just met but exceeded. As you can imagine this is rather costly and timely and all works carried out must be prioritised.

I will be investigated as to why our late bar was closed early as this shouldn't be the case. If passed 1 am the lounge remains open for guests to purchase drinks until late. I am sorry if this was not communicated.

I really do hope you choose to stay with us again as I would love for you to see the improvements made.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the McDonalda Blossom Hotel and experienced what was probably the worst breakfast in staying at hotels around the country. The fruit offer was largely juice of empty dishes, the orange juice container had to be tipped up to get dregs of juice, tables were not cleared and the two staff were simply overwhelmed. I complained but still had to pay. There was no response to my complaint so I wrote expressing concern at the lack of response but have received nothing back. This is very disappointing from a supposedly quality hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Graham W
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are in the process of reviewing our breakfast operation and have made a number of improvements since your visit and also currently recruiting a new Breakfast Manager to ensure our guest experience is a good one.

I am sorry you have not received my initial email following your departure however can confirm that as soon as I received your feedback, communication was sent.

I really do hope this hasn't deterred you from returning in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Booked 2 rooms via Internet last week, (Priceline), and what on paper looked to be a good deal...….. at the end, overall turned to be just average at best!

Friendly and very helpful Reception Staff and comfortable beds were the best points, everything else was not way near 4* standard!

Having spent over 50 years in the "Restaurant Service Industry", I felt SORRY for the only 2 members of Staff, trying to serve Breakfast on the Thursday morning. Maybe, management should have a close look at what's a VERY BIG let down for the hotel.

Would I stay again? On this performance....... absolutly not!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Saverio B

Dear Guest,

I really do appreciate the feedback and I am sorry we failed to meet expectations in some areas of the hotel.

I can assure you we are fully reviewing our breakfast experience and are in the process or recruiting a new Breakfast Manager to ensure improvements are made and expectations met.

We have made a number of improvements since your last stay and I hope you do choose to stay with us in the future as I would love to rebuild your confidence.