Review Highlights
relaxing

Lovely treatments, super staff in a nice relaxing environment. Pool is a nice size and Spa has its... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2018
chrissie9949
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Rowton hall and spa hotel

Just come back after 4 days here. It was lovely the spa was great the changing facilities clean... read more

Reviewed September 8, 2018
Sandra W
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Chester
from US$9.70
from US$10.40
from US$20.70
More Info
All reviews relaxation room sauna and steam room lovely spa nice shampoo treatment times spa break my mum
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Had a hot stone massage as part of Groupon deal,followed by lemon sorbet and half an hour in relaxation chair!
Would have loved another!!!!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 22, 2016

Beautiful decor
Very clean in all areas
Amazing back massage from Molly, thankyou x
All staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
First time I'd tried a spray tan and Emily explained everything in great detail and I love the result, thankyou.
Lovely pool overlooking the gardens, jaccuzzi only small.
Relaxation room is very small, fortunately it was quiet when we were there, but it has the most amazing beds.
Lunch was excellent,we were expecting sandwich maybe, but had a choice of 5 things from what I assume was the restaurant menu, Superb!
All in all a super day.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2016

We were greeted by a friendly member of staff and the therapists came down to meet us and take us to the Spa. I had a pedicure which was very relaxing and done to a very high standard. The therapist was friendly & I was left feeling totally relaxed and chilled out. It was great value for money especially being in a hotel.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 19, 2016

We had a very relaxing family break and enjoyed the spa facilities and the laid back atmosphere of the Cheshire countryside. A good place to recharge the batteries.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Have tried many spa days in the area, decided to try Rowton as had heard good things. Was quite surprised that it didnt match up to my expectations. They kept us waiting a long time and kept pushing back our treatment times. We had lunch included which was also delayed, but nice when it arrived (just soup and a sandwich).
The pool area was a big disappointment, cold atmosphere, steam room felt dirty with tiles falling off and the sauna was the same, felt very dated and in need of an upgrade.
The therapist that did my hot stones massage was clearly very competent and identified and tried to resolve all the issues i have with my back, but they left us waiting on the bed for about 15minutes prior to starting the massage and it always leaves a negative view before the treatment has started. Furthermore the changing rooms were cold, felt dirty and they didnt provide any slippers or anything, so walking from the changing room through the restaurant area upto the treatment rooms felt really uncomfortable. I dont think we would return and wouldnt recommend.

Date of experience: January 2016