“Relaxing break”

The Spa at Rowton Hall
Ranked #7 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Chester
More attraction details
Owner description: Just imagine a retreat where each and every woman and man can finally devote themselves to the delights of body care and the Spa experience. An experience of sheer indulgent pleasure, intense relaxation and wellbeing, during which you are taken on a sensorial journey to a place where time ceases to exist. Our Spa is situated inside the Chester based hotel.The Spa at Rowton Hall offers a haven of pure bliss to relax and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. Our therapists impart a soothing sense of wellbeing through skilled and unique touch. Come along to our exciting new spa and speak to one of our qualified therapists who can guide you through the treatments available.
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Booked an overnight stay in the hotel for our 20th Wedding Anniversary and treated ourselves to a massage. We were given the double treatment room, very relaxing. Therapists did an amazing job, very professional and friendly. We made use of the pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Leisure club members were friendly. Only downside were two boys with their mum who allowed them to jump and splash but it was near our time to leave anyway or would have mentioned it. Shame we couldn't have spent longer in there!

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"my mum"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

I booked a spa day for my friend and I at Rowton Hall, which was meant to be a treat for her 40th birthday. It was not a treat! The pool and jacuzzi were too cold to spend any length of time in and in fact the whole spa area was cold which was not at all condusive to relaxation. I mentioned this to the spa manager and she came to check the pool. Apparently it was at the correct temp. However, the fact that the pool and jacuzzi were near enough empty all day during what should have been a busy half term week, spoke volumes to me. When I said we were cold in general, she agreed that there was a chill in the air but didn't offer to do anything about it.
To add to this discomfort, we were further let down by the treatment we had booked. The hot stones massage itself was nice, however the aqua aerobics lesson taking place simultaneously totally spoilt it as we could hear every word that the instructor shouted over the relaxing music in the treatment room. This was totally distracting and again, not at all relaxing.
What I am most disappointed about though, is the terrible customer service I have received since our visit. I sent two emails outlining my concerns about the spa day which were ignored. I then phoned to see why I hadn't had a response to my emails and the spa manager admitted to having read, but not acting upon, my second email (sent a week earlier). I did not like her manner, and the way in which she spoke over me when I was trying to explain the situation was very unprofessional. She agreed to find out whether I could be refunded and said she would phone me back at the start of the following week. Surprise surprise...I did not receive a call back. I subsequently put my complaint in writing, along with copies of my emails and still, a month on, I have had no response.
I am so disappointed especially as Rowton Hall is a place close to my heart...my husband and I had our wedding reception there and my memories of it had been very fond up until now. What a shame this has been tainted by a horrible spa experience and non-existent customer service.
Put quite simply...do not waste your money on a spa day at Rowton Hall (I paid over £100 for ours), there are far superior places to go.

2  Thank annacm78
Reviewed December 10, 2016

This was my second spa day here, so I was looking forward to it. The pool is a good size, at a warm enough temperature, and the sauna and steam room well kept.
The washroom and changing facilities have been well maintained, and the design is of a high standard. The quality toiletries are a nice touch.
I had my treatments with Molly (sp.?), who was excellent. Her professional yet friendly and engaging manner made for the perfect experience, and her skill was exceptional. She really paid attention to where needed work (particularly knotted shoulders!), and was sure to ask for feedback throughout, to ensure I got what I needed. It was refreshing to see (and feel) someone take so much pride in their work.
The smoked salmon salad that I had afterwards was delicious, and I left very relaxed!

2  Thank Kbrowne5
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Nice facilities though could do with a little maintenance on minor things. Nice pool, steam room and sauna. Shows good though soaps etc could be better and some broken. Jacuzzi cold as part of the pool which was a let down. Good gym but two out of four running machines broken. Good facilities for treatments. Good service

2  Thank Kevin D