Review Highlights
relaxing

Lovely treatments, super staff in a nice relaxing environment. Pool is a nice size and Spa has its... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
chrissie9949
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Rowton hall and spa hotel

Just come back after 4 days here. It was lovely the spa was great the changing facilities clean... read more

Reviewed September 8, 2018
Sandra W
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Chester
from US$21.40
from US$10.00
from US$10.70
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

I booked a spa day for my friend and I at Rowton Hall, which was meant to be a treat for her 40th birthday. It was not a treat! The pool and jacuzzi were too cold to spend any length of time in and in fact the whole spa area was cold which was not at all condusive to relaxation. I mentioned this to the spa manager and she came to check the pool. Apparently it was at the correct temp. However, the fact that the pool and jacuzzi were near enough empty all day during what should have been a busy half term week, spoke volumes to me. When I said we were cold in general, she agreed that there was a chill in the air but didn't offer to do anything about it.
To add to this discomfort, we were further let down by the treatment we had booked. The hot stones massage itself was nice, however the aqua aerobics lesson taking place simultaneously totally spoilt it as we could hear every word that the instructor shouted over the relaxing music in the treatment room. This was totally distracting and again, not at all relaxing.
What I am most disappointed about though, is the terrible customer service I have received since our visit. I sent two emails outlining my concerns about the spa day which were ignored. I then phoned to see why I hadn't had a response to my emails and the spa manager admitted to having read, but not acting upon, my second email (sent a week earlier). I did not like her manner, and the way in which she spoke over me when I was trying to explain the situation was very unprofessional. She agreed to find out whether I could be refunded and said she would phone me back at the start of the following week. Surprise surprise...I did not receive a call back. I subsequently put my complaint in writing, along with copies of my emails and still, a month on, I have had no response.
I am so disappointed especially as Rowton Hall is a place close to my heart...my husband and I had our wedding reception there and my memories of it had been very fond up until now. What a shame this has been tainted by a horrible spa experience and non-existent customer service.
Put quite simply...do not waste your money on a spa day at Rowton Hall (I paid over £100 for ours), there are far superior places to go.

2  Thank annacm78
Reviewed December 10, 2016

This was my second spa day here, so I was looking forward to it. The pool is a good size, at a warm enough temperature, and the sauna and steam room well kept.
The washroom and changing facilities have been well maintained, and the design is of a high standard. The quality toiletries are a nice touch.
I had my treatments with Molly (sp.?), who was excellent. Her professional yet friendly and engaging manner made for the perfect experience, and her skill was exceptional. She really paid attention to where needed work (particularly knotted shoulders!), and was sure to ask for feedback throughout, to ensure I got what I needed. It was refreshing to see (and feel) someone take so much pride in their work.
The smoked salmon salad that I had afterwards was delicious, and I left very relaxed!

2  Thank Kbrowne5
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Nice facilities though could do with a little maintenance on minor things. Nice pool, steam room and sauna. Shows good though soaps etc could be better and some broken. Jacuzzi cold as part of the pool which was a let down. Good gym but two out of four running machines broken. Good facilities for treatments. Good service

2  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed October 31, 2016

I visited Rowton Hall for the third time and will definitely be back again. The whole experience ensured you walked out feeling completely relaxed and chilled out. The staff are warm and friendly from the moment you walk in. The treatments were excellent and the lunch was enjoyable.

Reviewed September 24, 2016

stayed at hotel for 2 days for a lovely spa break. However as there are only 2 therapists this limits any spa treatments you may with to have. Luckily we had prebooked and hour each but wanted more. as somebody cancelled due to pool and jacuzzi not working i got another 20 mins. Would have like to been able to be in relaxation room pre treatments as well as after. So for a sumptious spa break that i was looking for did not materliase, although the food in the hotel is brilliant. Do not think i will return as Hoar cross hall is much better.

1  Thank Alison H