“Belgrave Very Good”
Review of Belgrave Hotel

Belgrave Hotel
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Excellent Hotel , I & my Team stayed here for about 3-4 months. Mr Sharma the owner of the Hotel is a real Gem of a person, he personally ensures that guests are taken care of. Beautifully and neatly appointed rooms, excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Arun1211
sancastle, Manager at Belgrave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us and hope see you again.

There are newer reviews for Belgrave Hotel

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Fantastic location, 2 mins from train station. Hotel is lovely. Decor is a bit dated, but everything is clean and rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is fresh, appetising and excellent value. Absolutely no need to look for alternative! Staff are lovely - nothihg is too much trouble. Fab place. Would most definitely stay there again. (In fact,, my sister has decided that she would like to go back there for hen night next March). Fab place, fab people, fab food. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lynnmorgan

We are all very happy to know that you had a nice time with us.Thank for beaing with us .Hope to see a you soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is only about 200 metres from Chester Railway station, so was convenient for a girlie arriving alone on a Saturday night.
I booked for the one night and was looking for the cheapest single I could get without being in the backpackers hostel, so £30 for room only.
I asked for a quietly located room and got that. Staff at reception were friendly.
The room was adequate and clean. Furniture was dated, MFI stuff but there was a decent kettle and flat screen TV.
Although I was not disturbed by street noise and was in a little corridor with only 2 or 3 other rooms, I was diturbed by the comings and goings of other people in the corridor at 4.30am.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CazMoon
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I have read many contrasting reviews of this hotel but for the princely sum of £35 per night b & b it provided excellent value for money. I spent two nights there recently and my single room (Room 4 on the first floor) had a comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and a modern flat screen tv with Freeview channels and the usual tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was served buffet style with the Full English being tasty. Staff were friendly with the indominatable Tracey providing a cheerful welcome at the bar. Location wise the hotel is very convent for Chester railway station which, with mobility problems (three toes amputated this summer through diabetes) was very important. yes,I've stayed in better hotels and the place could do with a little tlc. However, for the price paid this hotel provided excellent value for money and I'd certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: For single travellers Room No 4
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank PaddersCardiff
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed at the Belmont last Saturday after an evening in Chester. The place is clean enough but yes a little shabby. The staff are fantastic. Very welcoming and friendly. Sadly, we got virtually no sleep as the place has no double glazing and the noise went on practically all night from both the bar downstairs and outside. This may not be such an issue for City dwellers but to us who live in the countryside it's just not what we're used to. The shower in our room was little more than a dribble and breakfast was pretty awful to be honest. No a major amount needed to make it a bit better, just maybe some fresh fruit and some tomatoes etc...everything was a bit beige!

Like I said, perfectly adequate for one night but I would have preferred to stay at the Premier Inn down the road and had a better nights sleep

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I read some of the negative reviews and booked a room anyways. After staying I can say I honestly had a great stay. I slept very well in a warm and comfortable bed with thick and soft carpeting in the room and throughout the hotel. There was also nice flat screen TV in my room. The staff were really kind and helpful to me; breakfast was plentiful and hearty to keep me going for the day. It's not the place for crazy party nights where you're gonna have a hen's or bachelor party, quite the opposite; if your preference lies in a nice, quiet place to get good rest, this is your place. The location is also within a minute walk from the train station. For a traveler of many cities across Europe like myself, this was very convenient, as it made passing on to Ireland rather efficient. Chester was a lovely town to visit as well, the buildings have charm and style that you just don't find in other cities. I would recommend a stay here to anyone visiting Chester.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Belgrave is the right place to stay in Chester, It's cheap and affordable and very good amenities.
Room has almost all the facilities. It's also near by Chester Railway Station, and city centre is walking from this place. I would recommend this place for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business