1,919 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkexecutive roomcity centrewelsh hillsexcellent locationreception stafflovely hotelleisure facilitiesthird floorhotel restaurantrace coursebar areabars and restaurantslittle touchesmy partnerbuffet style
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Spent a Saturday and Sunday at the Hotel and Spa recently! After 2 hours drive I was welcomed by the professional and friendly staff. Was granted an early check-in which was awesome after the drive, and I had Spa treatments early that morning. The treatments were spot on and the staff were simply brilliant. Exactly what you should expect. Hannah from the Spa, and Karen (from the pool and gym) were amazing. I loved that the spa/hotel employs a variety of people, but all professional and with great personalities. Karen has tattoo's which are tasteful and creative, it's nice to see that the place allows her to be herself. It's not how you look, it's how you act, and I was impressed with her and the entire staff at the hotel and spa. Everyone was professional and welcoming! My only issue was my room key didn't work 3 separate times, which is a bit frustrating. Other than that, can't fault the place. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were always available for anything you may need. Keep up the great work and thanks for making my overnight visit and spa time worth it. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Overnight stay in Chester before heading off to shop at Cheshire Oaks. Staff are an absolute credit to chain, courteous, helpful and informative. Hotel location is excellent and on site car parking was an added bonus.

Room had everything you need, iron, ironing board, toiletries, bathrobe and slippers, safe, complimentary water, hairdryer and mini bar.

Nice touch of balloons and chocolates for our wedding anniversary, thank you!

Room was immaculate and I highly recommend. We will certainly stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2017

Checked in on 2nd April for a couple of nights on a room only basis which suited us for this visit.
Super location near to city centre and just 100 metres or so from the bus depot.
Full marks to Christopher on reception for finding us another room as I wasn't happy with a room that had a connecting door to the room next to it.
He found us a nice double aspect room with great views.
All the staff we met were very customer focused and friendly which always helps.
The hotel is beginning to show its age bu it's still a great place to stay.
Rumour in the city is that they are going to redevelop the whole area including this hotel, if they do it will be a big loss.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Ady1947
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel ideally situated in the City centre. Staff were a real credit, friendly and attentive. Good little swimming pool which was perfect for tiring the kids out before bed.
The breakfast was superb and choice was extensive.
During our stay we needed housekeeping and they were with us within five minutes.
All the staff were a real credit.
I would definitely recommend it and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Arrived for a long week-end on the Friday but room wasn't ready but we were a little early. Had an excellent lunch within the bar area drink prices a little expensive but only to be expected. Room ready at the time stated and what a room. Large spacious and overlooking the racecourse couldn't have asked for better. Bed very comfortable and clean as were all the facilities within the room including the bathroom. Staff at reception very helpful on where to go in Chester and special thanks to David the concierge and hope his wedding went well.

Room Tip: All rooms on the right of the lift exit and on the right of the corridor have racecourse views
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple