All reviews the pub paranormal activity haunted room real fire lower bridge street lovely old pub shower pressure function room lots of character quick drink four poster bed visiting chester saturday night full english breakfast my partner city centre two night stay
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed over for a city break in Chester, where my now wife proposed to me. She had booked ahead with the Ye Olde King's Head to see if they could do anything special for our room. They got us a nice box of chocolates and some bubbly which was really lovely. The room was perfect, the location central and the staff were so friendly. Will probably be staying there again in the future.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OldeKingsHeadChester, Owner at Ye Olde King's Head, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review.

Im so happy that your stay was made more enjoyable.
Hopefully we'll see you for your next anniversary!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Room was of a good standard (though the shower was a bit slow) - high ceiling with beams - you won't stay in a room like this very often. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The bar in the pub downstairs had an excellent selection of beers. Even though there was live music in the bar the rooms were far enough away for us to not be disturbed. The breakfast was superb - full English with all the trimmings, and they're open to non-residents so well worth a try. Highly recommended. Didn't see no ghosts though

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Glenn,

Thank you so much for the great review,

Lovely to hear you appreciated every element of the business.

We would love to have you back and I'll have a quiet word with the ghosts to make them more active on your next stay!

Thanks again.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The pub is an old black and white building with lots of history and character.
Friendly staff and helpful.
Both my wife and I had the steak pie with mash and what a wonderful pie it was. Not one of these rewarmed little silver tray jobs but individual homemade pies with tender steak pieces and lovely rich gravy. The mash was smooth without being creamy and watery and came with nicely cooked veg.
Dessert or as I call it...pudding.... My wife had the Eton mess which she said was nice because along with the usual meringue, cream and strawberries it had ice cream which made it lighter as not so much heavy cream. Myself.... I had the cheese board and what can I say..... Probably the best cheese board I have had and I have had a few as they are a favourite of mine. Four or five different cheeses, nice selection of crackers, celery, apple, grapes and chutney....
In all a great simple meal done excellently.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank F8547YLkenb
OldeKingsHeadChester, Owner at Ye Olde King's Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Hi Ken

Thank you for the lovely comments.

Great to hear you enjoyed the food , hope to see you back when the restaurant opens in September.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely charming pub with lots of character with its exposed timbers. The beer was ok, not too well kept but it was definitely well maintained and had a good cross section of people drinking in there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Mossman,
Thanks for the 5stars although slightly confused.

Regards

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

After a fabulous night celebrating a family birthday listening to a great singer i arrived home to realise id lost mt phone. We called the staff who looked but couldnt see it. They must have checked again when clearing up and called us to let me know!! I went back Saturday to collect and the lovely staff had even charged my phone for me. Honestly cannot thank you enough.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Aly,
So happy you enjoyed your night and found your phone.
Thanks for the great trip advisor
Kind regards.