“1 Earls Villas Chester”
Review of Chester

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
lincolnshire
6 helpful votes
“1 Earls Villas Chester”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just returned from Earls Villas and had a very relaxing stay it was everything it said it was. Central for everything , will defiantly return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 helpful votes
“An amazing house in Chester”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a lovely modern townhouse, very central, with parking & also tucked away, so remains nice & quiet.
Stayed 4 nights ( just two of us) but plenty room for a whole family. It has all the kitchen equipment you need if you want to cook, or there are many restaurants/pubs nearby if you want to eat out. Wifi great, TV room great, loved the fact it was like living in your own house, had cds, magazines, dvds to watch.
Had pretty much everything you need for all tastes to ensure an enjoyable break. Was recommended to me by friend who had stayed there. I will be back for another trip next year. Chester has lots to do & can't wait to go back to No.1 Earl's Villas. Lots of space to relax in, and tastefully furnished to a high standard.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
11 helpful votes
“Not very child friendly!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This review is about the city as a whole, not the sight seeing tour. We found it very difficult with our young child to access most of the city with her in a buggy. Virtually every shop is either down half a dozen steep steps, or up on a raised level meaning ye more steps. Finding a child friendly place to eat was also really difficult, mainly due to the steps, but even where we were able to access venues we found the welcome less than friendly and as though we were in the way! The cathedral was also dissapointing, not to mention the castle, which was pretty much inaccessible except from a distance. It was good to see Civil War reenactment soldiers, as well as the odd Roman soldier. The amphitheatre was also OK, but there was not much there to see really. I was expecting it to be like Durham, or York, but Chester was disappointing by comparison!

liverpool
2 helpful votes
“One night break”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I would use this hotel again simply because of its convenience for the city center , however next time I would insist on a room that was not at street level like the one we had and be spared the continual procession of people passing our bedroom window all hours of the day and night.
We also had our evening meal in the restaurant which was rather a letdown for a Premier Inn. My wife's beef and ale pie was not hot enough and she needed a drill to break through the top crust, the chips were not freshly cooked and appeared to have been just warmed up which was to say the least was disappointing.
I would like to point out that we are not just being picky with this review but as regular satisfied users of various Premier Inns around the country we found that this particular food was below their usual standard.
Having said all that everything else in the hotel was good, the staff were helpful and pleasant and the accommodation was clean and well presented, so on this basis I would definitely stay at this particular hotel again.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 helpful votes
“Great city to visit”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have just returned from a short visit to Chester, I had never been before despite it being only 1.5hrs away from Derbsyshire where I live. What a great city, lovely shops, beautiful cathedral, some very good (free) street entertainment, friendly people, lovely places to eat. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Been to Chester? Share your experiences!