All reviewsthe pubgarden annexsat navpork burgermusselscornish countrysidehomemade marmaladecomfortable accommodationbunk bedscornish breakfastlog firekippersshort drivelocal producereturn visitwarm welcomehelford river
Reviewed April 23, 2018

I have spent the last 20 years traveling the UK and overseas staying in every sort of hotel imaginable, most are some what of a disappointment for one reason or another however after a long day I arrived at the Trengilly Wartha and was greeting in a smart casual manner and shown to my room which was as I would expect, very clean but in character with the establishment.
Quick freshen up and down to the bar which was full of character and characters to suit, catering for both holiday makers and working travelers alike but still keeping its Cornish charm buy not alienating the local residents.
I ordered dinner which was very nice and well priced as was the wine followed by a good nights sleep.
The surrounding are was fantastic for an early morning walk before breakfast which deserves a special mention as this was possibly one of the best I’ve had in years.

This establishment has found the correct balance between quantity and price and many more in your industry could learn from yourselves.

Well done

Andy Norris

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank andynorris2018
trengilly, Owner at Trengilly Wartha Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thank for that lovely review hope to see you here again sometime soon.
this part of Cornwall is just about to explode with wild flowers so now is the time to come please book direct.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

We have just returned from three lovely restful days at the Tregilly Wartha. We were with friends and we all said what a great find this hotel/inn is. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfasts were extremely good, and we ate there in the evenings and had a good selection of very good food, served by friendly efficient staff/owners. If you want a few days away, in a quiet location with lots of cornish attractions nearby this is the place to be.

Room Tip: I would think all rooms are quiet, some with views of countryside
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Su J
trengilly, Owner at Trengilly Wartha Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thanks for coming glad you enjoyed your break. Please book direct if your tempted by this review

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Spent a week down in Cornwall and booked the Trengilly Wartha for Sunday lunch for a family of 6, we drove from Saltash so we were looking forwards to our meal and judging by the reviews expected it to be something a little special, to be perfectly honest to say it was a disappointment is an understatement, We all chose the roast beef apart from one who chose the steak, The later being the star of the show and unfortunately the only thing worth eating, the vegetables were burnt and in rather short supply the roast potatoes (all 2 halves of them) were rather dry and as for the beef it was cooked medium, slightly pink in the middle nothing wrong with that , however, it was as tough as shoe leather, not only was it impossible to cut with knives so unbelievably blunt but trying to chew it was equally difficult so much so that both my wife and I gave ours to the dogs ,when both my daughter and I gave unsatisfactory comments and pointed out the inadequecies when asked if we enjoyed our meal, I believe it was the landlady who accepted our comments at face value and refunded the majority of the bill, I was not angling for either a refund or discount having allready paid the bill so this was in my opinion a mark of a good eating establishment who try to uphold standards and their reputation, perhaps we were unfortunate in our choices and this was a one off, I must say the Pub was very busy and everyone seemed pleased and happy, we did stay on and had another bottle of wine and sat outside in the lovely spring sunshine, It is a lovely pub, difficult to find, with good service and what seemed to be a reasonably extensive menu, we did enjoy our visit it was a shame about the food, would we visit again.....highly likely if we are in the area everyone deserves a second chance,

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nipper712
Reviewed April 16, 2018

We chose Trengilly Wartha to celebrate two family birthdays. It was a Sunday and we arrived early. There were already families waiting in the car park for the restaurant to open at 12 noon. A good sign! What we love about this place is the warm welcome when we arrive and the relaxed atmosphere which is so conducive to family occasions, and although the restaurant soon became busy the service was attentive and impeccable. One of my sons chose the steak which was served with a plenty of extras including onion rings, and two of us chose Stuffed Portobello Mushroom from the excellent vegetarian menu. I loved the Dauphinoise potatoes that came with it, and there were plenty of extra vegetables to keep us happy. The selection of puddings was hard to resist. My lemon cheesecake came with lashings of cream, and my sons tucked into their chocolate tarts and ice cream with great enthusiasm. It was such a joy to relax in congenial surroundings with no pressure from the hosts or waiting staff so my sons and I could enjoy each other’s company and celebrate.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank carollorrayne
trengilly, Owner at Trengilly Wartha Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Reviewed April 16, 2018

This accommodation made our stay. We were visiting friends in Falmouth and decided to stay in their Garden Annex Family room, which was absolutely immaculate. The room was large with lounge area and separate kids bunk room and TV and ensuite. The beds were unusually comfortable. The room was set in its own building next to the pub, which itself was set in acres of rolling countryside. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The food in the pub was really good and the breakfast fantastic, which lived up to the expectations as detailed on other similar reviews within Trip Advisor. There are plenty of good walks to be enjoyed from the pub and it was so peaceful and tranquil. We are already planning our next stay. The only thing you need to be aware of is it is set in typically small country lanes about 5 miles from Falmouth, but this was part of the attraction. Really first class - you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Barbara P

Thanks for coming Glad you enjoyed your stay. Please book direct if your tempted to come here by this reveiw