“Taken by surprise- fun day out for the WHOLE family!”
Review of Ocean Bowl

Ocean Bowl
Ranked #7 of 9 Fun & Games in Falmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Tenpin Bowling Centre 12 Lanes of computerised scoring, Child ramps and barriers on lanes if needed. Licensed restaurant and Diner. Large bar. Amusement games area. Pool tables, Air hockey. Large free car park Wheelchair access. Children's parties. Corporate events.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

When my son asked me if he could have his 13th birthday party at Ocean bowl I wasn't keen of the prospect- having read some of the other reviews on this site.. However I am so glad I caved! We showed up a bit late only to be greeted with friendly staff and lanes ready and waiting. Twenty minutes in the boys were off playing in the arcade, grandad was playing pool and I had my feet up with a brew--and a cheeky second biccy off the waitress (as I was STARVING) Luckily food was on its way.. As soon as the boys finished bowling we were ushered into the dining room, where balloons had been set up and food served. From what I had read I wasn't expecting much from the food but to tell you the truth, personally, I thought it was made to a really high standard! I had the Ocean bowl burger which was a lean burger with bacon, cheese and onion rings on a nicely toasted brioche bun. My parents aren't big eaters, especially not my mum but she licked her bowl clean (having had the quorn salad)- the vegetarian options were surprisingly great, mum hadn't seen quorn salads on any menu before + hasn't stopped going on about it since! The boys had a choice of meals from the birthday package, from pizza to nuggets and that went down well. Afterwards the staff brought out his cake with candles and we all sang. I honestly couldn't have asked for more from Ocean bowl. Not only was it an affordable birthday party, it was fun, full of laughter, with great food and a friendly atmosphere. I can't recommend it enough!

1  Thank Carol_hast79
Chopster40, Manager at Ocean Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear Carol_hast79,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a complimentary review.

We appreciate that at times we do not always fulfil everyone's expectations, although on this occasion it appears that we far exceeded yours!

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Came here for a friends daughters birthday party which was booked from 2.30-5pm. It took ages for them to get our games up and running, the kids didn't end up eating until 4.30, all the food came out at different rates, it all tasted like greasy oil, had to ask them to bring out their drinks included with the meal as it seemed they had forgotten, the desserts they had on offer were either a cheap choc ice or a slush puppy (which is more of a drink) plus we all ended up clearing the plates away to make room for her birthday cake. Not great service, will definitely not book a birthday party here.

Chopster40, Management at Ocean Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear Jen G,

Thank you for taking time out to leave us feedback.

We will try to be concise on each point you have raised which was also relayed to the party organiser on the day, as means of explanation as well as monetary compensation as a gesture of good will.
The party itself did not arrive in its entirety until some time after the pre booked time, therefore delaying the start time and thus creating a delayed eating time.
With the greasy food claim, the majority of food ordered for the party was fried food. we had no other complaints.
The drinks that accompany the children's meals were given to the party whilst bowling as per the request of the group organiser, hence why no drinks were on the tables in the restaurant.
At a cost of £9 per child for bowling, main meal , choc ice, drink and balloons, we feel that this is excellent value. This is a price that has remained static for over 4 years.
With regards to the party having to move their own plates, we do apologise. As mentioned, given the delayed start, the booking was increased in numbers on the day without notice, which we accommodated without hesitation.
We had to allocate an extra bowling lane as well as extra room for dinning whilst catering for the other fifteen pre booked groups that day.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed April 24, 2016

Went here with the other half last night was good, we booked online and got a discount for being a LED membership which was quite good. Music was a little loud but it was ok, drinks at the bar usual prices but really nice location by the sea.

Reviewed February 19, 2016

Booked a game on a raining afternoon for a birthday. Lane was broken when we started. They then spent the next 30 mins trying to fix it. We were left sitting with no apologies or expernation on what was going on. We asked for a new lane when the next was available and told we had to wait 2 hours. Gave them extra 5 mins to sort it out but they left us waiting. Decided enough was enough and asked for our money back. Had a moan. They tried to short change us a £1 for the pleasure. They did give us free vouchers to come back. But will not be rushing back. Arcade games an pool tables dated and not working. Had to get a refund on money we had put in and game not working.