See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

I'm from Falmouth have lived there for 21 years or so before stretching my arms to further places.

I knew the area and knew when booking where these apartments were. These are not new modern places these have been here a long time..

The apartments are right on the beach front you simply just cross the road and your on the main beach in Falmouth.

Now the apartment we were in was swanpool. It's up a flight of stairs and through two gates on the terrace. The door handle is different and the lock can be fiddly in the night time.

The size of the apartment is great really ideal for families. The bedrooms are a really good size and furnished well. The beds are really nice comfy, very firm. Bedding was nice clean and fresh.

The lounge has two small leather sofas which if I am honest needs replacing as these have seen a lot of action and are not the best to sit on. The TV is basic and small for room, but I guess most people will be busy doing other things is summertime.

The dinning area looks great table and 4 chairs, but on our attempt to use them we noticed that had we used them we would all be on the floor, these have well exceeded their life and would collapse with a small nudge let alone anyone sitting on them. I did report to the reception desk when we left, luckily we were there for one night so did not really effect our visit.

The kitchen is small but functional has a dishwasher, need to bring own washing stuff and not supplied. Tea and coffee milk all provided.
We did not use the oven or any other kitchen item as we visited family during our stay.

The bathroom is large ideal for cleaning off after being on the beach all day.. the toilet has a knack on how to use and really needs replacing as the inside is falling apart and when you go to flush it fails on regular use. Again reported on our departure.

The bath is long and shallow, nice shade of green if your into that colour. We again did not use the bath or shower as we could not get any hot water. You will need to bring your own shower items as none were provided. Again we reported this to reception. Did not effect our stay as it was only an over night stay.

Our recommendations would be to revamp the apartments and have a small hamper available with at least one nights items like a dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, shower items etc.
The sofas need replacing asap and toilet/bathroom needs replacing.

The falmouth beach appartments is a great location. Yes there is building working going on right beside the appartments so you will get a little mud or dust.

You pick up the keys from the St Michael's reception. There is free WiFi and it worked well on our visit.

Overall for our trip it was OK.

This review is honest and is my view of our stay. I hope it's constructive to both visitor and the owner/management team.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2016

Upon arrival into Falmouth I couldn't find this hotel. I was sent to a place called St Michaels Hotel and Spa by my navigation device. When I went in, I was told that this hotel had taken over the hotel I booked and all the signs to it had been removed. Check in at the hotel was done by staff at this other hotel and although very pleasant, clearly their focus was on the main hotel. It turns out that the owner of St Michaels had recently bought out the owner of the hotel I booked. I was directed across the car park to a building that was the hotel I booked. There was no staff around and access to rooms was via staircases with no lifts available. This made it difficult when carrying lots of luggage. I was able to use the main hotel facilities like the swimming pool and gym but there would be a charge of five pounds for doing so. The main hotel bar was also accessible to me as was the restaurant although I couldn't get a booking at the short notice I was able to give. The room I had looked out over the beach area and was quiet enough although there was a very low ceiling which meant moving around was a little difficult. Breakfast was served in the building which was the only time I saw staff in that hotel. Breakfast was of a good standard. Check out was in the St Michaels hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2016

I stayed one night the room was ok and bed comfortable. However it feels like an after thought for the main focus hotel of St Michaels across the car park, which i have also stayed in previously. Breakfast poor as someone else mentioned cheap bread which appeared to be previously frozen a coffee machine and poor quality tea bags to make your own. An old toaster which took an age to toast. absolutely no facilities and no receptionist. I had an issue with the key card not working late at night and had to ring St Michaels for someone to bring another card which they did do quickly. It was raining and I really would not have wanted to walk across to St Michaels to deal with this. The outside area is dimly lit and I was also concerned with no reception that the door was open late with no staff on site. I ate at Flying Fish and was told I could not have the set menu available to guests staying at St Michaels and Falmouth as I had to book before 2pm on the day. I felt the portions were small and the scallops were over cooked. I have eaten there before and regarded it better. Wifi free and did work well. But I think you may as well stay at a good bed and breakfast locally rather than Falmouth Beach.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Mervyn W, General Manager at Falmouth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Thank you for your review - it is great to read that you found the bed comfortable during your stay. We also note your other comments, you are indeed correct in stating that Falmouth Beach is the B&B sister hotel of St Michael's Hotel. We do have limited service but feel that this is reflected appropriately in our pricing.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

Very disappointing. You have to check in at the St Michaels Hotel & Spa, next door, which is fine and not an inconvenience. The staff were friendly and courteous. But that’s about where it all ends. The reception area/desk never had anybody on duty, and the only employees on view were the hotel cleaning staff. The breakfasts were hugely disappointing. Despite ‘going down to breakfast’ at 9am (breakfast was served until 10am) only a few items were left in the serving dishes, and looked dry and unappetising. Eggs had to be cooked to order and the two young kitchen staff, despite their politeness, seemed ill at ease trying to fry a couple of eggs! No mugs for coffee, no glasses for the fruit juice….it needs an experienced kitchen person in there to keep an eye on things. At over £300 for a 2 night stay this was just not good enough. To be honest I’m not sure why I’m writing this as I’ve noticed reviews similar to mine going back 2+ years, and nothing has changed in that time. Sorry, but won’t be visiting again

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JonseyBoy

We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay; we are aware that there were some isolated incidents recently when there were periods of high-demand for Breakfast which caught us unawares. We are working to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

No reception; no staff; a third floor room (up 53 steps) with a roof beam jutting across it; a bathroom the size of a postage stamp with 1980s fittings including a shower that barely worked- what more can I say?

All these points are raised elsewhere by Tripadvisor commentaries. Read the website carefully. this is not a hotel; its a bed and breakfast charging hotel prices. Thankfully we only stayed there for 3 nights and our other experiences on a late summer short break in Cornwall helped to raise our spirits. Booked through Amoma so the management would have had plenty of reasons to kick our complaints and comments into the long grass; as they seem to have been doing since 2014, according to previous guests.

Room Tip: The wifi was dreadfully inconsistent. Trust the Tripadvisor comments and ratings that criticise the place- they are not wrong.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EastYorkshireFingers

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We believe that, should we be informed, we are able to act on any issues that guests have to make their stay with us more successful. We also feel that Falmouth Beach is competitively priced, given it's location right next to Gyllyngvase Beach and the enhanced facilities at St Michael's Hotel & Spa which Falmouth Beach guests have access to at significantly discounted rates.