All reviews comfortable hotel visit falmouth spent nights home from home dick sue hosts breakfast
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

[open letter]

Dear Dick and Sue, Sue and Dick,

While being away from home it is important for me to have that little bit of a feeling that I belong somewhere. You create that feeling in your lovely hotel. Comfy rooms and a personal touch at the bar . Lovely breakfast and a tailored lunch pack. Thanks for offering me the home from home feeling when I stay with you!!

Warm regards,
Joost.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2017

Stayed here over New year,super bedroom and a excellent veggie breakfast.
Although slightly old fashioned decor,our room was clean,airy and a very good size,with super views over towards castle beach.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2016

My sister and I spent a few nights as this Guesthouse, located on one of the main roads in Falmouth. And absolutely delightful stay too! We were provided with a twin room, on the top level, towards the back of the building, which worked out perfectly - very little noise was to be heard from the mail road; the room was beautifully decorated, and the beds so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of bed in the mornings ; we also had a small balcony at our disposal, and a good view of the sea in the distance. Truly a lovely spot, all in all!

The Guesthouse is run by a husband-and-wife team, whom are very lovely folk in themselves - most welcoming and genuine ; they couldn't do enough for you, to ensure that your stay was a good one.

The daily breakfast (in my case a full English breakfast, whereas my sister she opted for the same, but with vegetarian sausages instead) was more than ample and set up up nicely for the rest of the day. No complaints at all on that front either!

Taking into consideration that we were visiting in early Sept, and still being in the peak tourist season as such, I was quite pleasantly surprised/shocked with the more-than-reasonable costs being offered by the Guesthouse for our 2-night stay. Definitely a bargain if ever there was one to be had!

And, for my sister (being a true dog-lover), the 'icing on the cake' was the family dog that she got to meet on our departure day...

I'd highly recommend this Guesthouse, and would have no hesitation in returning, given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the top floor and back of the building offer less noise + best views !!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Pleasant stay in well appointed if small en suite double room. Very welcoming and helpful hosts. Breakfast was all we could want. Would stay again and recommend. There is a short walk to the beach which has great facilities including a modern café.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2016

We stayed for a long weekend and found this to be a comfortable hotel at a reasonable price. It is not the best Falmouth has to offer but it is a long way off being the worse. It is ideally positioned for the beaches and town centre both just a short walk away. The hospitality is welcoming and friendly and the breakfast very tasty with a variety of choice. Parking is plentiful which should be counted as a bonus this close to the centre of Falmouth.

Two gripes. The first being in our room which was a large family one and the bunk beds had been left in place and this made it awkward getting in and out of the bathroom and when making a cup of tea. The other, and this is consistent with all hotels that use shower screens. They simply don't work for taller people as water deflects off the head and shoulders all over the bathroom. Problem was solved though as the bath was big and we had plenty of piping hot water.

Would I stay again? most definitely.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple