“Fantastic”

and 1 more site!
Chellowdene
Ranked #21 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2011

My partner and myself went to Chellowdene for a 3 day break, on arrival we has a wonderful welcome from the proprietors Troy and Julie we were given a lovely cup of tea in the lounge and then shown to our room on the 1st floor, our room was a lovely with a balcony and sea view, the room was spotlesley clean and had every thing we could have asked for, the breakfast was scrummy and set us up for the day there was lots to choose from, full english cereal, yogurts,. fresh fruit and much more, the beach was just a 5 minute walk away. We are going back for a longer holiday later on in the year and cant wait.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 December 2010

We actually live in Falmouth but had reason to need a bed for the the night and chose Chellowdene as it was near Gylly Cafe. The owners are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are fresh and just refurbished. All the decor is tasteful, clean - really, really clean, in working order and helps to make the stay really comfortable. We had a drink in the private guest lounge which was nice too. Good value for money, refreshing and a quality B&B all round. You couldn't ask for more.

1  Thank Simvan
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Having recently stayed for two nights at this hotel,we must say that we found it extremely clean and comfortable, and were really impressed with the decor throughout.
The sitting room was tastefully decorated for the festive season .
We could see the sea from our room and it only took a few minutes to walk to the beach.
Breakfast was very good in a totally relaxed environment.
We will certainly stay when next visiting Falmouth.
May we take this opportunity of thanking Troy and Julie for their welcoming hospitality, much appreciated.
Chris and Chris, Shawbury, Shrewsbury./

Reviewed 6 December 2010

My Partner and I have just got back home from a great weekend in Falmouth staying at the Chellowdene, on arrival we were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome from Troy and Julie, the guest house was spotless and decorated to a very high standard, the room was very comfortable and we had a really good night's sleep after a long journey. Breakfast was excellent and set us up for the day, we could see the sea from the room's balcony so proceded to walk down to the beach which was about 100 yards away, then walked along the beach for 10 to 15 minute's into Falmouth town centre, which made this guest house's location ideal. Summing up this is a great place to stay if you are visiting Falmouth.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

Dear Tripadvisor viewer… after having used this service for many years and made literally hundreds of reservations, I must advise you NOT to stay at the Chellowdene guest house in Falmouth. I made a reservation at this hotel for the evening of 28/10/10. On arrival I found the smoke detector on the ceiling of my room had a plastic bag covering it, however as I was on the 3rd floor I did not question it’s presence but merely left it in place. The room was cold and uncomfortable and generally of poor standard. Breakfast was ok but had clearly been prepared sometime earlier as like the room, it was cold. This I found surprising as I was told I could only have breakfast between 8.15 and 8.45… novel! I checked out rather disappointed and chilly but comforted myself in the knowledge that like the décor of the hotel, it was cheap!
To my absolute astonishment, an hour or so later the ‘lady’ of the hotel left a voicemail on my phone stating that A) there was a bag covering the smoke detector in the room B) that I had been smoking in the room C) that the bed in an adjacent room to mine had been slept in but not paid for and that a hand towel from a separate bathroom had been used! Not only this, but she had just taken payment for TWO rooms from my debit card and reported me to the police for smoking in one of her rooms!
Now, without getting over excited, A) there was a bag covering the smoke detector in the room, but it was there when I arrived. B) I do not smoke, I have never smoked and I never will smoke! C) how can someone sleep in two rooms at the same time? I was on my own and slept in one room only! After this somewhat shocking message I did visit the local police station who did not seem over surprised that the complaint had come from this lady. They did say not to worry about it and that if she didn’t refund the 2nd room rate then they would arrest her for theft. She did later that day refund the extra room charged but only after I had ruined my day and spent an hour with the police! Quite amazing! Save yourself any discomfort and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE… this place makes Faulty Towers look like the Ritz!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank Richardson.M
chellowdene, Owner at Chellowdene, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2010

the reason this guest is so angry is because after departure we found he had placed a cloth not plastic bag over the fire detector as someone in that room had been smoking. i am not sure if he had returned with someone else or if they were male or female but they had also used the bathroom and the quilt from the bed for the room next door. he was the only guest on that floor that night and had not only put his own life in danger but also that of other guests and my family. i notified the fire brigade, the police and the environmental health who will if found to be appropriate take relevant action.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Just stayed at this great B & B for the weekend. So clean and everything looks brand new and fresh. Lovely hosts who make you feel very welcome. 50 yards to the best beach in the country; what more could you possibly wish for?, oh yes, and the breakfast is delicious with good quality, local produce....no nasty Walls sausages here!!! I'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Looking at the reviews and just stayed there for 3 nights, I really don't understand the reviews. The owners are very nice when you meet them, but have very strict rules for their guests. Combined with what can only be discribed as false advertising- not a good combination! The two rooms on the second floor are booked as "private bathroom" and on the sign it states proudly "ensuite facilities". Our room was tiny, no room to move and the door could not open all the way, making it very hard to push suitcases in one by one. Worse of all, our private bathroom was down the hall! So even making tea was a militairy operation with doors shutting and locking each way. Friendly and very clean place with nice location. But booking with nonrefundable deposit on misrepresentation... that is simply not fair. Had we known, we would have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple