“Great service, great coffee and the cleanest faciity in the world”
Review of T H Palfrey's LTD - CLOSED

T H Palfrey's LTD
Description: Refurbished and reopened by Del Palfrey, a third generation baker, Palfrey's now has a fresh new cafe which serves Italian style coffee, tea, speciality teas and cold drinks, with hot food and confectionery made daily in the refitted on site bakery. A diverse selection of sandwiches are also available, made with the bread freshly baked every morning. Hot food includes traditional Cornish pasties, cheese and onion pasties, sausage rolls and cheese and bacon bites, with cooked to order breakfast served all day. Ingredients used are locally farmed and produced, and all breads are available to purchase.
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stopped in here for a cup of coffee whilst waiting for our Glass Bottom Boat Tour and so glad we did! We had two coffees and a hot chocolate which were served with a smile. It is always nice to feel so welcomed. The toilets were literally immaculate. Initially, I was scared to visit as it is men/women shared toilet but there was no reason to be as it was the freshest smelling and most beautiful public toilet I have ever visited in all of the world! I learned a long time ago in the food service industry that you should judge the overall cleanliness of a food place by how the toilets are kept. Well, on the above basis, I would not hesitate to return here or recommend a visit if you're in the area. Thank you very much!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I made my companion visit here as I could not resist the cream and jam doughnuts they were displaying in the window, and it did not disappoint. It also seemed very popular as three ladies after me got some too! My companion had the chocolate covered choux bun.
The coffee was fantastic too. Very clean, bit too clinical looking with all the white and the lights, as others have said but at least you can see it's clean. It does make the place a bit noisy and not that inviting.
There was an incredibly amusing leaflet on the tables from the owner who was describing his return to the baking world from beyond, we were tickled.
Well worth a chomp.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

I have not been to Looe for a while and was pleasantly surprised to see they have had a face lift and changed the place around. All white now and looking really nice. I called in at a lunch time hoping for a crab sandwich, but all gone, so settled for a tuna one. Got served quickly but they appeared to be running out of things quickly. They have a small menu of sandwiches, Panini's and baps, all made freshly. Always call here when in Looe, as its such good service. Coffee good too.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I feel like I'm being a little mean giving this café 3 stars as the service was very friendly, the coffee was great and the set-up is vey disabled-friendly, with a shallow ramp on the way in, a wide aisle to the tables and easily-accessible toilets.

It was a bit let down though by the very average veggie pasty and the rather clinical white décor, which wasn't very inviting.

2  Thank MartynTS
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

They have recently refurbished and it is very clean and bright, we ordered a range of breakfasts which you order at the counter. The vegetarian/healthy breakfast had a very lengthy name but was very good. They did mix up the some of the orders but rectified them immediately when told. They include fried bread and hashbrowns which is always a hit with me! I took some chocolate cheesecake for my lunch which lived up to my expectations. Overall a good experience, the lighting needs some adjustments or maybe tablecloths to absorb the light.