1,121 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view steam room swimming pool coach party coach trip course evening meal friendly hotel table tennis short break breakfast and dinner reception staff single room walk into town full english night break family room
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I travelled alone to visit Perranporth .The nearest station is in Newquay so I booked into The Pentire Hotel. I found the staff to be friendly ,and knowledgeable . My room was very clean, and comfortable. I found that the service ,and menu in the restaurant is first class.All of this for a very reasonable cost. Thank you.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to offer us some lovely feedback and for sharing your experience with others. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again the next time you are visiting in the area. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We had a disabled person with us but no disabled rooms available. The fire doors were so heavy they were hardly manageable even for able body. Excellent beds clean rooms. Don't stay on rooms at opposite end of bar at front- 7am deliveries and bin men as well as late night taxis kept us awake. Food was excellent. Entertainment typical 1970s stuff. Pool looked dark and dreary but was warm and quiet. Location brilliant for headland dog walks and access via steep path and ferry rowing boat to Crantock beach. Staff waiting on generally were fab especially the lad from the North who was outstanding.

Room tip: Book Seaview to avoid delivery drivers waking you.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback, with positive highlights that include excellent food, excellent beds, clean rooms and a brilliant location. It's also great to read about the fab service you received from one of our friendly team, which you describe as 'outstanding'. August is our busiest month, so we're sorry if you were disturbed by any late night taxi arrivals. We do have a programme of updates and investments underway following a very busy summer season and we will share your comments with all members of our friendly team.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Pentire is pretty tired, it seems like it has not been decorated or had a face lift for decades. Staff are fine and on the whole pretty friendly and helpful. The breakfast was OK, although service for cooked choices very slow. They asked what newspaper I would like each morning, but for the 4 mornings I was there, no paper emerged - they were apologetic and lent me a copy of theirs one day! The location is good because you can walk to the end of the spit and find your way down to one of the beaches which were stunning. Food in the bar out the front was quite good.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the front/ road - the gulls on the flat roof at the back drive you insane!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer us valuable feedback. It's good to read that your experience included friendly and helpful service, a good location and good food from our hotel bistro. August (when you stayed) is our busiest month, with a fullly booked hotel and a world famouos summer surfing festival taking place. We apologise if this impacted upon the serving time for your cooked breakfast and arrival of your newspaper. As always, it's the little things in delivering excellent hospitality which make the biggest difference. We have a programme of investments and updates currently underway and will share your feedback with all of our team.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

I stayed at the Pentire for four nights last week as part of a coach holiday. I found the whole holiday to be value for money.

Getting the keys to my room was quick and easy.

My room - a single one - was of a good size (i've stayed in smaller double room in the past) and overlooked the front of the hotel although because of its location traffic at night was not a problem at all.

The bed was lovely and comfortable and I had four great nights sleep.

The shower room was more than adequate with a power shower.

There are areas of the room where paint is peeling - but nothing that makes for a bad stay.

The food was plentiful and delicious and the waiting staff were friendly, helpful, efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

I didn't have much to do with the reception staff but when I did they were friendly and approachable.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family and I would be more than happy to return

Thanks to all the staff :-)

Room tip: Because this hotel is on the outskirts of Newquay you don't have traffic noise or the noise of people leaving clubs and pubs
Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Jane E
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Thank you. It's really made our day receiving your lovely 5-star feedback. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to friends and family. We're undertaking many updates and improvements after a busy summer season and hope to welcome you back soon. On behalf of all our friendly team, thanks again.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

The best thing about this hotel is its location, on the wonderful Pentire headland - great walk to the end. Nice walk round to the Headland Hotel on the Fistral beach, and down the other side of the Pentire Headland in the summer months (with a little ferry across the river when the tide's in).10 minutes walk on the headland to the boutique hotel Lewinick for breakfast. The staff of the Pentire are friendly and very helpful. However the hotel decor is tired and dated (especially the carpets). The food is good value if unexciting, but the tables in the dining room are much too close together for comfort. They do have some single rooms, including some with very nice sea views.

Date of stay: May 2018
Tomas J, Guest Relations at The Pentire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you for offering us some great feedback about our location and our friendly, helpful service which we will share with all of the team. We do have a programme of investments and updating underway and our latest addition 'Sixty Bistro' is receiving some excellent reviews from our guests and locals alike. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.and hope to welcome you back in the future.