All reviewsbanana cakegreat locationsennen coveon arrivalgreat place for a weekendperfect long weekendbathroom was spotlessly cleanstag weekendsea airmin walkplace to stayperfect basemain townvisiting newquaybars and restaurantstea and coffeea great stay
Reviewed June 15, 2015

I stayed here for two nights to go to a festival, on arrival we were greeted enthusiastically by Jackie and immediately felt at home. We came back late and in need of some good sleep and thank you to the deposit payed by all guests there was no sound from the stag do also staying. We left after a brilliant homemade full english breakfast, a slice of banana cake and our deposits returned. All in all a great little lodge!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2015

A group of us took a short stay here over the weekend for a stag do. The host Jakie greeted us with a beer and some banana bread, gave us some great advise on local drinking spots and was generally a good laugh. Also she cooks a good breakie if you want it.

The lodge itself is clean, homey and well priced. I highly recommend a stay here if you want a chilled place to to come back to after a long days surfing or even a solid weekend of boozing. Five stars *****

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2015 via mobile

As someone who has visited Cornwall for years, I'm gutted that I only found out about this little gem only a couple of years ago! Jackie has set up a fantastic surf lodge which is easy to use and is super close to the best beach in Newquay, Fistral! As I've stayed in pretty much every room over the last couple of years, I can say that it is clean and and well presented throughout. Jackie has always been very relaxed about arrival times etc and is always happy to point you in the direction of the best places to eat and drink and will even give you a surf report if you want to get out on your board!

I'll continue to visit Cornwall for many years to come and really hope there's always a room for me at Smarties Surf Lodge!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2015

Had a lovely stay at Smarties lodge for New Years. The owner Jackie made us feel welcome as soon as entered the lodge, and we even had Cava and banana bread made for us to enjoy before going out on New Years Eve! Excellent location, a few minutes walk from Fristal beach and only a 1 minute walk into town! Jackie is an amazing host and will most definitely look after you, from cooking you breakfast to booking surf and coasteering lessons for you. Would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Newquay.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2014

My second stay here and as usual Jackie was super chilled and relaxed about arrival stay and departure.

Great little area out back to hang wetsuits up to dry and store boards.

If you are lucky you may get to sample some of her delicious banana bread!

Definitely will stay again next time in Newquay.

Room Tip: some have en-suites if you book early enough
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends