All reviewsbanana cakegreat locationsennen coveon arrivalgreat place for a weekendperfect long weekendbathroom was spotlessly cleanstag weekendsea airmin walkplace to stayperfect basemain townvisiting newquaybars and restaurantstea and coffeea great stay
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Lucky enough to find smarties after giving up on camping, Jackie was realy kind and let me have 4 bed room all to myself even had a sea View Fantastic.Breakfast was great value for money no noise at night shop round the corner Ace Location Thanks again for the 3 days i stayed sun even came out. Steve , Birmingham

Room Tip: top front room had good sea view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank MadSteveDoes
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

6 of my friends and I stayed at Smarties in Newquay for 5 days in July. We are currently 17 year old students and we were looking for a trip away together at a place by the sea.
We were kindly greeted by the owner as we arrived and were given a complementary slice of banana cake which disappeared quickly due to johns large appetite. Unfortunately we were not allowed the pint of bear (which is given out to people over 18).
The location of smarties surf lodge is ideal as it is a two minute walk from the town that has a lot going on, even saw Alex Mytton from Made in Chelsea demonstrating the desire for people to visit this sea side town. It's also a 10 minute walk down to the beach which made the many trips down to the sea easy so that we could catch some narly waves on the regs. In addition, the beach was perfect for digging holes; this is important for many different reasons, especially if the gang has an issue with seagulls kys.

On the other hand, the room was very small to fit 7 of us in as one of the mattresses had to be laid on the floor (due to there being only 3 bunks. Because of the cramped space it was very hard to keep the room tidy and Randev had no where to keep his 4 litres of "water".

Overall, I had a very pleasant time and would recommend staying at Smarties to anyone wanting to visit Newquay as we were very welcomed and hosted by the owner.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex M
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Great location, great room, great hospitality especially when you're greeted with a beer and fresh homemade banana bread!

Staying here defiantly made my first trip to Newquay a lot more enjoyable! Great host, and the accommodation was nice and quiet.

Will defiantly be back to stay here when back in Newquay again!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosie b
Reviewed July 15, 2016

Stayed in May during a week away on my own to improve my surfing and relax - Jackie was the perfect host and made me feel like I was staying with a friend. Brilliant location within walking distance to beaches and town. Would definitely stay again.:)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JoanneW1964
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I stayed here with 3 other friends last weekend. Jackie who rums Smarties Lodge is a great host who knows the area very well. She even supplied some cake free of charge to our room!

Our room was clean and very good for the four of us. Looking over a Victorian graveyard was pretty weird when having a shower but the graveyard is pretty cool with lots of obtainable history.

Jackie is a very nice warm host. Her place is 5 mins walk from central Newquay and she runs a very nice place. I enjoyed my stay here as did everybody else I stayed with. She cooks a nice breakfast as well for £5 even if its a little small. All in all 5/5 still.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends