Quiksilver Surf School Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Directly over-looking the southern end of Fistral beach in Newquay, we cater to all levels for those interested in learning to surf or looking to improve their surfing. From complete beginners to one on one coaching sessions, our fully qualified instructors are here to help you. Everything is provided for you to make the experience as memorable as possible. From the latest wetsuits to indoor changing facilities and hot showers.
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

My 10 yr old daughter Olive loved her first surfing lesson with Burt. He got her standing on the board which was amazing to see, but crucially Burt put her at ease and they both looked like they were having a great time. Would highly recommend. Thanks Burt!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"great value for money"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2017

WOW! Everyone should try surfing! Brilliant fun!

I booked Group Surf lessons for myself and my 3 teenage sons. My teenage Sons took to it like the proverbial ducks to water. I have to be honest that, as a rather cuddly (!) middle aged mother of 3, I was slightly concerned that I would struggle with the lessons. I could not have been more wrong. The instructors were friendly, welcoming and helpful and put me fully at ease.

The lessons start on the sand, wth safety instruction and demonstrations of how to stand up. Once they are complete it is down to the surf!

The instructors make sure that you are safe in the water and also make sure that they spend time with you individually. They 'launched' me several times into waves with the aim of getting me to stand up.

Despite the fact that I didn't manage to stand up I thoroughly enjoyed my session and would recommend it to anyone. My boys went back for a lesson in the afternoon and all have the surf bug!

Overall, fabulous and everyone should try surfing!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a lesson here 5 years ago with my then 10 year old son. Came back this year & my 15 year old loved it. Only a small group & the instructor, Tony, was great. Experienced, helpful, informative, friendly. Pushed you beyond what you may consider your limits but made you feel safe at the same time. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

That was my first attempt to surf and I loved it! The Quiksilver Surf School in Newquay really helped making this a great experience. I highly recommend them and especially having a private lesson with Tony who is a very experienced and proficient surf instructor. He made the whole thing very interesting and exciting as well as looking easy which is not exactly the case. Honestly it's worse having a private lesson with him to understand all the subtleties and technical aspects of surfing according to the conditions of the moment. I also have to mention Dom another great instructor who gave lessons to my daughters, he was amazingly motivational and enthusiastic with them, I am grateful about that too.
I am looking forward to come back to Newquay for more lessons.

1  Thank beat4key
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Was booked in with a group SUP lesson but when I got there the group had cancelled but they kindly still took me out on my own. My instructor was Tony who was very nice, explained everything clearly and was really knowledgable and put me at ease.

I was a bit hesitant being a complete beginner and easily feel out of my comfort zone. I ended up asking to cut the lesson short (by 20 mins) and Tony was really kind about it and didn't make me feel silly at all.

He encouraged me to stand on the board in my own time which I managed right at the end. I could recommend him more!!

Brilliant introduction to SUP!!