1,184 results
All reviews sea view the mexican restaurant its heyday groupon deal pool and jacuzzi bit dated third floor per day lovely hotel would stay again buffet style full english leisure facilities town centre a lovely stay short break beaches
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed got one night as a special offer. Staff were very friendly. Hotel needs updating, but in a great location for beach and shops. Had car park which is £5 a day. Has a nice bar adjacent to the Hotel.tHe room was a bit dated, lovely large bed which was very comfy.Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Ivan C, General Manager at Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback re the updating of the hotel. The process has started and all the sea front rooms have been refurbished. In the next 6 weeks we start the next phase with new carpets going into sections of the hotel and street views being started to be refurbished.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

If you are a disabled person I say don't go int this Hotel, it is not accessible Disabled toilet is a joke no hand rails nothing. I was told when I booked it was a fully accessible room for the disabled.I got there was not made to feel welcome. I then found the bed too high and had to sleep on the sofa which was far to low for me. Saturday morning I fell trying to get into my electric wheelchair. I then sent my carer to reception to ask for help. 2 very nice staff came in and got me up. Thank you Chelsea and Sam. We then went to the Reception and reported this what had happened. The impression I got was that they did not seem to care. They said you can have a full refund but will have to find yourself somewhere to stay, I said Got no where to go and being disabled would find it hard so left it as it was. I found somewhere else and slept there instead. Only got £75.00 back which was disgusting

Room Tip: Dont go if disabled staff except 3 not very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lyn S

Good morning Lyn, Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry you feel you were not made welcome. Our beds are standard Hotel Hypnoss beds and I feel had we known of your thoughts on the bed height we could have removed the wheels or put a step base in for you as the beds are very comfortable. I understand you were offered a full refund for the second night and you opted to stay. You eventually decided to move to another hotel in the early evening so I feel a partial refund was fair as my staff were not in a position to remake and resell the room at that point of the evening.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies and hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel with your carer.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here late September for a week for our honeymoon, we have been to Newquay for several years but never stayed here before. We arrived late on Sunday evening and were checked in by friendly reception staff who explained the car park system and made sure everything was set for our stay we then went to our room which we had chosen to stay in a sea view room. When we got in our room we were impressed with the modern decor and lovely view despite it being night time however the bathroom let the room down as it was outdated and the cold temperature of the room was another concern. After giving the room a couple of hours we decided to ask at reception for some form of heater. The evening reception mark was honestly the most friendly helpful and polite member of staff he went above and beyond to sort the issue out to the best of his abilities. He couldn’t locate a heater so offered us another room which was warmer, this made our stay even better as the first room was quiet small. I would recommend this hotel and we have looked at staying here again next year as we had an amazing honeymoon with this hotel as our home for the week. The house keepers were lovely and if we didn’t want our room cleaning they would leave us a bundle of clean towels and toiletries by our door. The only fault was how cold the rooms were the first two nights as the heating only seemed to come on for an hour during early hours but the third day it came on almost consistently so we were lovely and warm.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Sheldon, Thank you for your kind words after your recent honeymoon stay. The weather did change quite dramatically and the heating times were not set quite right. This has now been rectified. I have passed your feedback onto Mark. We do look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Whisked my husband away for a short break and took a chance and balanced some of the negative reviews and boy was I glad I did. It's a grand old place with lots of charm. Yes, it is a little tired in places but it's still an impressive building. Lots of space to sit and chill. The pool is clean and 8' deep at one end. Massive hot tub that was truly hot and a sauna too. All clean and accessible. My husband was impressed at the size of the gym area. This was a space that does need some refurbishment but the space and amount of equipment was better than in some private gyms. Breakfast was hot with fruit, yoghurt, cereals, toast, croissants and the usual bacon and 2 types of egg in plentiful supply. There was no rushing to leave by staff. Cream tea had warm scones which were delightful. Bar is 24-7 and not overly priced. We didn't eat dinner there but another guest commented on the quality of the food. We were offered additional towels for swimming and the staff were discrete and yet plentiful. Our bedroom had clearly been upgraded and was massive with plenty of room, additional bedding and a sofa area with table and chairs for additional relaxing space. Staff in particular should be congratulated. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110 - it overlooks the sea with large patio area that unfortunately you cannot access but a truly quiet, relaxing space.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Jane, Thank you for your all round kind and constructive feed back following your recent stay. The Victoria is a grand old building with lots of charm. It is a little tired in areas and this is being rectified The sea front rooms have all been refurbished last winter. This winter we lay a new carpet in the front hall, lounge, stairs to first floor along with some of the street view rooms.
We Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Spur of the moment short break. Have stayed in Newquay previously but not at this hotel. Very pleasantly surprised. Lovely hotel, very clean room, great buffet breakfast.
We weren’t there long enough to try the spa but it looked terrific. Very good location, short walk to restaurants, bars and the beach.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Hi Richard, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your kind and constructive feedback following your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in town.