The Quies(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$86
Book now, pay at stay
US$97
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

The Atlantic Hotel(Newquay)
US$256
US$244
Hotels.com
US$347
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstolcarne beachsilver serviceturret roomsea viewtraditional hotelfamily run hotelbit datedthe cliffthird floorgreat positionfamily roomdefinitely stay here againroom was largewaiting staffswimming poolstayed for two nightscooked breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The only positive things I can say about this hotel are that the staff are pleasant and try to be helpful, the food is acceptable and the location is pleasant.

Everything else about it is poor - despite the relatively high price - and there are too many negatives to list them all in detail. Suffice it to say that the decor is awful throughout and the common areas look as though they haven't been touched for years and could do with a good clean. The bedroom was very dated and the furniture cheap and nasty. The bed and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom spartan, cheaply fitted and unwelcoming.

The whole experience is one that I would not want to repeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
BWHB, Managing Director at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I did try to get more information from you via this site but I have not received anything to date. Not knowing your room number I am unable to comment as fully as I would wish.
We have refurbished the ground floor areas in recent years and tried to enhance the art deco features where possible. We continue to replace beds and upgrade rooms as often as we can.
I am pleased you found the service good and trust you enjoyed exploring Cornwall.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Bristol for a function and it was ok but getting very dated. The staff were friendly enough and it was quaint that we had a real key to open our room - didn't know anyone still used them! The room was a good size but instead of a duvet we had a number of blankets - some crochet - which had really seen better days..oh and the toilet paper was those single sheets in a box which did at least make me chuckle!

The bar manager was excellent but was having to train up the other staff on the night which when faced with a lot of thirsty people did delay things somewhat.

All in all it was fine for what we paid but would not go there if we had a choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of upgrading our bedrooms. Some rooms now have duvets and all will have them very soon. I am pleased you thought Phil in the Bar was excellent and I am sorry there was delay in service because he was training a colleague. No matter how much practice you get beforehand the best way to learn is with a bar full of people. I hope you agree.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night after attending a function. We had a lovely room (no. 350) in a turret which had a lounge area with the most beautiful views up and down the coast. The staff were courteous and we had a good time.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2012

my wife and I have just had the most wonderful break at the Hotel Bristol. We had one of the gorgeous turreted rooms overlooking Tolcarne beach and Newquay Headland. We have totally relaxed at a very reasonable price. We chose the winter saver bed and breakfast deal. The room was spotless and oh those lovely soft towels, scrummy. Charm, character, great food, friendly family run hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: make sure you pay the extra for a sea view it is well worth it.
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Had a great time this New Year at The Bristol, 13 of us stayed, 4 generations and something for everyone! The staff are all very accomodating, the food was to an excellent standard, entertainment was suberb on both evenings and the rooms are clean and fully equiped. It is lovely to see that the Young family are keeping a traditional hotel with family values still at the top of their agenda. Hopefully we will be returning in March for the Titanic Murder Mystery for my wives 40th birthday.
Keep up the good work all at The Bristol, untill next time!

Room Tip: upgrade to a room with a sea view it's worth every penny
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family