1,133 results
All reviews silks restaurant champagne bar balcony suite sea view roll top bath walk in wardrobe modern bathroom lovely hotel fistral beach breakfast room public rooms breakfast was excellent large room amazing views lovely room indoor pool newquay town
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We booked to stay at the Atlantic after our nephew's wedding at the same venue. The wedding was lovely, the food was sublime and they even catered for my 4 year old as there was a children's menu option available. As our two children were with us, age 13 and age 4, we booked a superior room to accommodate 2 extra beds but when we checked in and got our key, we discovered we had been given a balcony suite which was AMAZING. We had a separate bedroom with a king size bed and two singles in the lounge area which still had room for 2 sofas! The view from the balcony was over Newquay town but we could still see Lusty Glaze and Porth beaches as well as up along the coast. The balcony suite wing was plush and luxurious, fitting in beautifully with the art deco feel of the hotel, Every member of staff we came into contact with were polite, courteous and nothing was too much bother for them,

It had been almost 20 years since I had last been at the hotel before this visit, but I am pleased to say that it was every bit as good as I remembered. I definitely won't leave it so long before I visit again,

Thank you Atlantic Hotel, you did a grand job

Room Tip: Speak to the Hotel staff about your requirements when booking. They are so helpful
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Atlantic-Managment, Public Relations Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Atlantic, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your Nephew's wedding. We do try to upgrade our guests whenever possible as a treat so I'm pleased we managed to do this for you, especially in peak season!

Thank you also for your lovely comments about our team, I shall pass on the feedback. Make sure you see us a bit sooner next time, 20 years is a long time to wait to treat yourselves! Keep an eye on our social media pages and join our newsletter to keep up to date with our latest offers and I hope to welcome you back again really soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

From the moment we arrived we knew we'd made a mistake booking The Atlantic Hotel for our 4-day mini moon break.

Upon arrival we were greeted with two receptionists, one who promptly asked us to provide the credit card we used as a deposit for the original booking and to pay the outstanding balance! We hadn’t even seen the room at this point. And considering I had emailed the hotel and booked in January outlining this break was for our mini moon a congratulations would have been a better welcome. To top it off, when I asked if we could pay on departure instead like most hotels they said this was fine as long as they could pre-authorise a credit card for £70 a day (total £280, plus the room charge for the 4 days) instead! Unbelievable. So we paid the full room rate there and then.

When we got to the room we were so disappointed. We had booked supposedly one of their best rooms - a Sea View Balcony Suite - and we found the main room to be not only very outdated but also overlooking the nearby car parks and grass space at the back of the hotel. When we tried to move rooms we could but only for 2 nights and then we would have to move back. I have uploaded some pictures of the view - as you can see the view is not what you'd expect from the Newquay coastline.

The room was also very bizarrely decorated and outdated. We had hoped that due to the highlighted refurbishment the photos on the website would not be that representative of the room - but we were wrong. The photos were better! The sofas in the room had scratch marks and splits and wouldn't look out of place in a student flat. The other furniture all orange wood was mismatched and looking like dining room chairs.

The bathroom had been updated we were told and it was very nice. But again they had not used the same suite throughout - different bath style to the toilet and again different for the sinks. But it was updated to a high standard.

Parking is free but only if you can find a space around the main hotel. During the 4 days we stayed we found a space ok although it became very busy on the Friday. Guests can use the pay & display opposite the hotel but this is £7 for 24hrs. So often we felt if we left the hotel for a day trip we might get back and not find a space available and have to pay out additional costs on an already expensive hotel.

The spa is nice but small and badly located. You need to walk down from your room in your dressing towards the breakfast restaurant, through the back of the lobby as there are no changing facilities. There is a sauna and a steam room - these are small and are also on a timer! So you have to wait for them to heat up! The views from the jacuzzi (sorry hot tub in a corner) are amazing though! We just wish we could have had them from our room like we paid for.

The only saving grace was the restaurant and main bar - Silks. Despite the rest of the hotel being unable to get things right Silks on the other hand served amazing food - the best we had during our whole stay and we ate out pretty much every meal. And the bar made the best cocktails. To top it off the waiting staff and management in the restaurant and bar could not do enough to make sure your night went well. If only the same could be said for the hotel.

Overall we were majorly disappointed with our stay. We were not made to feel special on our mini moon and we can never get this time back,
Ultimately we wouldn't want to return due to the experience. The hotel manager did try to rectify things on the last day with some petals on the bed, breakfast in bed and some Cava but it was all a little too late.

Not what you should really expect from a 4* hotel at £250 pn.

Room Tip: If you ask for a sea view make sure you are at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Atlantic-Managment, Front Office Manager at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

Dear Kellie,

As you know I'm very sorry to read this review which I answered via Facebook urging you to get in touch with me. I'm glad that we have now spoken about and resolved the situation and my apologies again.

Kind regards,

Cath Myford - Duty Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2016

We visited The Atlantic again last week but with family this time. Everyone had a wonderful time and the grandchildren loved the indoor swimming pool. We love the breakfast room and the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is great too. We have stayed at The Atlantic many times before and have never been disappointed. Thanks again for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have good views. Rooms are a good size and modern decor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Shirley,

Thank you for your review of the Atlantic and for being such a loyal visitor to us. We love it when people come back again and again but still continue to leave Trip Advisor reviews, we're very touched.

Atlantic is certainly the place for families so I'm pleased to see you enjoyed a family break with us and our new indoor pool and hot tub.

I do hope to welcome you back yet again to stay with us.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Well what can I say about this place..... It's lovely!!
Situated on the hillside it's perfectly positioned for that sea view that everybody craves when by the ocean! And only a few minutes walk into the main town of Newquay and the beaches it's an all round great hotel. We had a 2 night stay here as we had a wedding to attend, and with a 5mth old daughter in tow the hotel couldn't have been more perfect. We had room 129 a sea view superior which had fantastic seaviews and of the beaches in Newquay. The hotel also has 2 pools, indoor and outdoor, we used the indoor and it was lovely, it was a little too cold for our daughter though other than that couldn't fault it, there was also sauna,steam room and a hot tub! There is also a hot tub outside at the out door pool along with sunloungers. We had breakfast on both mornings which is budget style so you can get what you want or you can ask for other things and they will make this for you ( some foods there is an extra charge). The Silks champagne bar is lovely too, we didn't eat so can't tell you about the food but it looked yummy!! The only complaint that we had is that on the Saturday we were suppose to switch rooms to a balcony (that I had booked in January originally) sea view, but unfortunately was not available, so after having breakfast on the morning of the wedding I asked to make sure that we were definitely moving and asked about where to leave our luggage we was told to leave it in the corridor to be moved, we then decided that we'd have a drink while waiting to switch we thought that we'd only have to wait about an hour before switching, but 3 hrs later we got told that we wasn't moving and were staying in the room we just packed up from and left our stuff in the corridor. Angry was an understatement, I was so annoyed that it really upset me, and as we had our daughter with us and had we been told this on the morning when we woke we could have been using the pool again and doing other things or just relaxing in the room instead of sitting waiting around. The hotel was very good with the apology and could see how upset I was, they offered us some money back and complimentary drinks in our room. I actually can't fault this hotel in any other way as the rooms are very spacious very comfortable and they cater well for families! I will definitely recommend them and would stay again. Although I didn't take any photos of the out door pool it has great views over the sea!! And the walk around the hotel is lovely!!

Room Tip: 129 room is a sea view superior perfect for a sea breeze!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear AJUpton,

Thank you for your review of the Atlantic, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and our location, views, lovely coastal walks, fabulous leisure facilities and extensive breakfast.

I am so sorry to hear about the issue with the room move and my sincere apologies. I'm pleased to see that our team managed it well and that you would still recommend us and plan to stay again.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2016

Newquay is a surfer's dream. The Atlantic Hotel is a dream for those who just want to relax and enjoy great hospitality, good food and classic luxury. With a hint of the nostalgic past the hotel is comfortable and welcoming having lots of decorous little spots where you can sit quietly and watch the world go by whilst enjoying a leisurely drink. The restaurant is spacious with a wide selection of food and wines. Friendly staff are well informed to help with recommendations when the choices become overwhelming.
A wonderful couple of days which we would have happily extended.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear stuartr378,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Atlantic, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. "Places to sit and watch the world go by with a leisurely drink" is a perfect description - whether it's the tea lounge, the Sea View Dining Room, the hotel welcome area, the events bar, the Champagne Bar, the sun terrace, the outdoor pool or even a private suite balcony... the choices are endless and so are the views!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon.