2,366 results
All reviews fistral beach sea view dune restaurant bay bar relaxation room economy room welcome drink rose petals full body massage robes and slippers free standing bath sauna and steam room lovely hotel birthday treat balcony room standard room amazing views
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Arriving for a few days break, took advantage of an upgrade for both days. Front of house are very friendly and helpful as you would expect in a 4* hotel but it’s always nice to be made to feel special. Our table booked early so we could retire to the jacuzzi to watch the sun set ... food was great a real treat

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kelly D, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear Richard B,
Thank you for your review, and i'm glad you enjoyed the room, and found the staff helpfull and friendly,
We really hope you'll be back to enjoy the sunset from the Jacuzzi again soon!

Kind regards

Kelly, and all the staff at the Fistral Beach Hotel and SPA

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Took the package bed breakfast and evening meal. Had the top floor with a double balcony. Nice bathroom. Great Espa products. Enjoyed a swim Jacuzzi and sauna. Good quality breakfast with excellent selection. Great bar area. entertainment by DJ and Sax.
Evening meal was excellent good service plenty of choices. Can’t wait to go back just love the views out over Fistral Beach and the golf course

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear helenwest,
Thank you for your great review, so happy to hear you enjoyed our DJ and SAX Saturday, and im pleased you enjoyed your room with private balcony,

We hope you will be back relaxing here with us again soon,

Many Thanks

Kelly, and all the team at the Fistral Beach Hotel and SPA

Reviewed May 20, 2018

Lovely staff on reception when arriving at departing. Lovely views of the sea and sun setting. Went to the main restaurant for evening meal, ordered drinks with the meal and I had to ask where the drinks were after waiting a good 15 minutes to be told there was a problem with the cocktails, whatever the problem I do not know but waiting a bit longer for drinks. Food arrived and the duck starter was freezing and like cat food. Crab tart was lovely. Steaks for main and one bite it was cold so complained and they reheated it. Ordered room service later for dessert and after waiting a good 40minutes we rang reception again. They rang back 5 minutes later to ask what it was we ordered. 20 minutes later it arrived. Wasn’t all that either. Strawberries on top of the treacle tart weren’t fresh. Rest of the hotel was lovely and couldn’t be faulted however the food was a let down as we spend the rest of the next night up and down with food poisoning which can only be from the meal we had.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank natalieleedaughtrey

Dear natalieleedaughtrey,

I'm really sorry to read your review, can you please contact me directly, so we can address this immediately.

Many Thanks

01637 852221

Kelly Delaney
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2018

Visited 15th to 17th May 2018. Paid extra for a balcony sea view, view was amazing but unfortunately the room was tiny and could barely move in it.

Check in was fantastic, welcome drink and great staff confirming what we had planned.

Used the spa facilities and had a massage, very nice and good service.

My issue with this hotel was the food and drinks service.

Poached eggs at breakfast may as well of been hard boiled, the service for breakfast was soooooooo slow.

Dinner was the same, so slow which I wouldn’t of minded whilst looking out at the view except for the fact we finished our drinks and at no point were offered more drinks. 2 hours in the restaurant from 7pm to 9pm for a 3 course meal with one drink. Food was nice but my partners lamb was served cold.

The bar area was nice and on the first night unexpectedly had live music which was nice but strange it wasn’t advertised. Again, drinks service was SO slow. It was busy and the one waiter was rushing around so felt bad for him. I was quite happy to go get my own drinks but they don’t seem to like you standing at the bar so was told to sit down that it was table service. Again I think we sat for a good 1.5 hours before I managed to make eye contact with the busy waiter.

A departure bag with gifts was a nice touch.

Overall, some little extras made it seem this was a luxurious hotel but they can’t even get the basics right.

Oh and the carpets on the 3rd floor are grubby and need either replacing or cleaning.

Not worth what they charge.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lealealea123

Dear Lealealea123,

I'm really sorry your stay wasn't the fabulous experience we had hope you would have, we really do value feedback such as yours, as its the way we learn, and can make changes so this doesn't happen again,

I will be feeding your review back this week, and putting changes in place with immediate effect.
I really hope this doesn't stop you coming back in the future.

Kind Regards

Kelly , and all the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I had an appointment in Newquay so as it fell on my partner and I's anniversary we decided to check into a hotel for the evening instead of driving back down to Penzance. As soon as we checked in the greeting was great (including a lovely fizzy pink drink!). We got chatting to a lovely lady (Kelly, i think...) and mentioned the reasons for our one night stay. As soon as we got to our room it had been beautifully decorated wishing us a happy anniversary. Such a thoughtful, lovely touch! We have 2 disabled children at home and having a relaxing night away is such a treat, so to be made a fuss of was just amazing. We decided to order room service for dinner after a lovely swim, the food was also lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a lovely night away and we will definitely be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kelly D, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Dear KatePZ,
Thank you for your lovely review!
I'm so pleased you both had a lovely anniversary, and it was our pleasure to make it special for you!
I really hope you both come back again soon!

Kind Regards