“Early evening meal at 6pm”

The Kings Arms Paul
Ranked #69 of 191 Restaurants in Penzance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Impressive fast service and excellent food, both for adults and children. Friendly staff too. Have been to this pub for years and the new, fresh decor is a great improvement.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Quite often when a venue is given an facelift it tends to be a sort lived effect and we the customer forget just how good it was. Well in the case of the kings arms at Paul it has turned a dark slightly oppressive pub into a brighter more welcoming atmosphere ( that’s not to say that it wasn’t welcoming before although the previous landlord did have a tendency to be a little cornish mizzle) it is true that a new broom sweeps clean. Not only is it a more welcoming venue but it’s menu whilst it’s not only reasonable but it also offers 5 vegetarian dishes, yes my fellow vegetarians it’s not a misprint I said 5 that’s 3 on it’s regular menu and 2 on their specials. Now you could be forgiven for thinking that their offerings for vegetarians whilst plentiful might be run of the mill, well you would be happily wrong (I hope) my wife enjoyed the nut roast with a pepper sauce a very tasty offering although I have to say it needed the sauce (more please) as solo it’s a little dry. I picked one of the specials and what I triumph well done chef I really enjoyed the 3 bean, leek & celery Kiev that came with salad and coleslaw now if I had to be ultra critical I thought it was a little dark, but in fairness I hadn’t eaten this dish before so it may well have been it’s normal colours, but the flavour was exceptional the blended beans along with the celery and leek made for a very flavoursome combination also allowing for it to be shaped before being panayed & fried, we then both enjoyed the molten chocolate cake, not to be confused with a fondant , it was rich and chocolatey yummyness in a bowl along with the great food they also keep a good tribute ale keep it up I’m so sorry I didn’t take any pictures of the food ‍♂️

1  Thank sav662016
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Ate here finally after saying we would try it one day and we we quite impressed. Didn't book and had no problem getting a table. Staff were friendly and quite fun which was nice. Not a huge menu which was actually a nice change as we think there can be too much at times. Food was Fresh, delicious and good value. Lovely house Shiraz but my bubbles Sauvignon Blanc was not the best he has ever had. Having said that we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and evening. Great little village pub/restaurant.

1  Thank KernowBoys
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Very friendly service. Excellent meal and we enjoyed sampling a selection of gins and accompanying tonics

1  Thank lesleyawhite222
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Eat here most nights of our holiday and found it very good. The steak was really good and the Sunday lunch was to die for. The young waitress who served us was very nice and welcoming. We decided to spend our last night here. My husband and daughter ordered the steak which again they said was very good. I ordered the herb crust hake. It came swimming in some sort of sauce that looked curdled. The fish was unseasoned and the dish was very bland and not worth the money. We then ordered the chocolate fudge cake to share. This never came. The staff were too busy chattering with the locals. We got up, paid the bill and I informed the lady behind the bar that we were paying, but the sweet never came, to which she replied, oh it's been put on the bill .I will have to take it off. Then I got a rather offish "sorry". She couldn't have careless. We had spend quite a lot of money in this pub over the week that that's the service we got. Very hurt. Very disappointed as it was good. If this had of happened of our first visit we definitely wouldn't have gone back. To the lady behind the bar, SORT YOUR ATTITUDE OUT LOVE. WITHOUT US CUSTOMERS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB

4  Thank murraycava13