“Quirky place with good service”

The Front Room Penzance
Ranked #13 of 189 Restaurants in Penzance
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a welcoming, friendly, happy cafe-bar serving some of the best local produce in Cornwall. We serve specialty coffee from Origin Coffee Roasters, our meat is from our Local Butcher (Harvey Brothers) our bread comes daily from Baker Toms in Falmouth and our vegetables are all locally sourced. We offer wines and ciders from Polgoon Vineyard right here in Penzance and we have beers from St Austell Brewery and Keltek Brewery. We love dogs and have areas where you can relax with your four legged friend (plus Katie, one of our owners, is likely to give them a treat or two). We have a laid-back atmosphere whether you are in to read the papers, catch up with friends over a cocktail, or even a business meeting, we are here to look after you. We can take reservations and are even open for private hire, contact us for more details.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Made to feel welcome and received very good and friendly service throughout.Had the cream tea, which was nice, but have had better. Toilets were a little quirky which wouldn't appeal to everyone.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I'm very new to Penzance and was hoping to find a new spot to replace my favourite local cafe. The Front Room is exactly what I was hoping to find. Friendly service, the staff seem to like each other which sounds a strange thing to say but it really makes a difference creating a gorgeous atmosphere as they have a lovely time being there.

The coffee is good - I enjoyed an almond milk flat white which is a treat for me as not many places here serve dairy alternatives and a Superfood Salad with Chorizo which I have to admit was the deal maker for me - beautifully fresh ingredients (the menu states locally sourced, again great) carefully balanced dressing and the chorizo sausage was perfection.

What really was nice about this place in particular was how welcoming and comfortable it is to come to solo. Quite often in restaurants you can feel like you stick out sitting at double tables, but he layout and design of Front Room manages to bypass this and it's really appreciated.

So pleased to have found it, I hope to return soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Unexpectedly dumped in Penzance en route to the Scilly Isles, so popped into the Front Room for a late lunch. What a delightful place - loved the decor and feel of the place. Great staff and really good menu. Service quick and attentive, without being OTT. All the food we ordered was spot on and really delicious.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We were looking forward to breakfast here - as locals with dogs we like to go out for breakfast every so often. We were welcomed warmly and orders taken for drinks. Then our food order was taken, we were advised that there was a bit of a wait for food but not given a time as such, but we were ok to wait. Bit of a wait for the tea and coffee but they arrived - delicious coffee BTW.
Unfortunately we ended up having to wait about 45 mins for our food - to be fair the waitress did come over a couple of times to apologise for the wait but 45 mins is a loooong time. So, then the food arrived... my american pancakes were hard, tough as old boots and barely warm. It takes a great deal for me not to eat pancakes - I left these. My husband's cornish breakfast was not much better, served on a COLD plate, warmish bacon, cool baked beans. My sourdough toast side was also underwhelming.
When I paid I mentioned our disappointment - we were immediately given a discount for the pancakes and the beans which was much appreciated. However I would MUCH prefer to pay for a good meal and be excited to return for further meals, but this won't be happening.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

lovely tea room, in former fisherman cottage. lots of ambience and olde worlde feel. we sat in the garden - yard. lovely food and drinks. But. we had to wait a long time between teas and food. when chased we were told they that waited for us to finish drinks before starting food order! no!