“Excellent Cottage best we've stayed in by far .”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunny Corner is located in the picturesque Polperro & just 8-10 mins walk from the harbour
Sunny Corner is located with easy access and parking Comfortable lounge
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunny Corner is located with easy access and parking
Comfortable lounge
Comfortable lounge
Dining area
Dining area
Well equipped kitchen
Well equipped kitchen
Bathroom with bath with shower over
Bathroom with bath with shower over
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lee N
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Excellent Cottage best we've stayed in by far .”
Reviewed October 4, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for one week 26th Sept to 3rd Oct , what an excellent cottage . We have stayed in quite a few cottages in Looe and Polperro and this by far was the best . The cottage was excellent throughout with everything WORKING . Beautifully decorated and tasteful furnishings , even down to the finishing touches on the bedding and towels and Piano . As for the previous review regarding bulbs and wet dogs this is Britain after all Cornwall does not escape the rain and light bulbs don't last forever . We bumped into Steve whilst on our stay and he asked if our stay and asked if we had any problems and if we did to contact him but we didn't have any . We will definately stay here again .
Lee, Nicola and dogs Millie and Tara

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the cottge throughout
Liked least: Nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
lucydevon...
uk
“Wet Dog Smell”
Reviewed September 21, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The cottage is in a great location with a view of the Crumplehorn pub from the garden and living area. It also has an allocated parking bay in the main Polperro car park which is a minutes’ walk from the cottage. The cottage itself was ok but because there is carpet in the dining and living area the first thing you notice when you walk in is a strong smell of wet dog which is disgusting. It would be much better to have a hard floor instead of carpet which would be easier to clean. There was a plug in air freshener in the hall but this was empty. We resulted in laying blankets on top of the carpet to hide the smell especially as we have a baby who is crawling. There were also several light bulbs which had gone and needed replacing. The overall cleanliness I didn’t find too great either – soap scum on the taps and bits of food debris and grease in the cupboards. We also had an issue with the shower and trying to contact the owners was impossible. We did get through to Steve who told us we need to speak to Linda. After about the 6th attempt we gave up and received no phone call from either owner. We love Polperro and Looe but definately wouldn’t stay here again which is a shame.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Smell
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
29 Sep 2015
Response from the Owner: I read with disappointment this review for Sunny Corner Cottage. I take all comments from guests very seriously. I am in the hospitality business and since taking over this cottage last year have invested significantly in redecoration, furnishings, quality linen and new drapes and equipment throughout. I have tried to contact the author of this review to understand the issues but at the time of writing have had no reply.
The cottage is used by many guests who bring their dogs on holiday as the property is clearly advertised as pet friendly. After a previous wet weather week it is very possible that a damp dog odour may have been present. The carpets in Sunny Corner are professionally steamed cleaned and left dry on the same day (twice a year). My electrician completed his monthly maintenance visit on Saturday 19th September the day after this guest left and reported back that he had replaced three light bulbs. In total the cottage has 17 individual light points in the downstairs open plan area. All new fittings and light bulbs were installed in November 2014. After this review, Osram bulbs have been fitted to all lamps which are Osram guaranteed for 5 years.
The cottage undergoes extensive weekly cleaning and this is the first complaint we have had in forty five weeks of occupied lettings, I accept however it is impossible for everything to be perfect at all times to everyone’s standards.
An issue with the shower that was highlighted within this review was confirmed on Thursday 24th September, the current guests were happy that this was not rectified until changeover day on the following Saturday. My cleaning team do not use all the equipment when servicing the property so I encourage guests to report issues so a speedy solution can be found and future guest are not impacted.
This review states that 6 attempts were made to contact the owner. My house manager reported that she took one call from the guest at 8:30am on the morning of commencement of the let requesting access. This was not possible as the previous guests had only just left the property and the cleaning was not scheduled until 12:30pm, the arrival time is clearly published at 3pm. My house manager reports that she had no missed calls or voicemails on her phone. My e-mail address is located at the bottom of the welcome letter on the wall in the dining area, and a copy of the welcome letter can also be found in the guest directory. I have received no contact from the author of this review prior to its entry. I have now added my personal mobile number to that of my house manager’s number.
I am sorry that this guest had a bad experience at Sunny Corner as I take guest’s holiday enjoyment very personally. I do not feel on this occasion that I was given adequate opportunity of rectifying the issues but respect the author’s views and will continue to invest in the cottage to improve the experience.
sianyjenk...
Newport, United Kingdom
“After spending one night here- I then rebooked for 2015”
Reviewed January 3, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

After staying in numerous holiday cottages in Polperro over the last 8 years and having 10 holidays here I think I have finally found my ideal holiday home. It has everything you need!! My husband plus our 2 boxer dogs spent a week here over New Years Eve. Our 2 friends stayed with us as well and they too, fell in love with Sunny Corner. Everywhere you look you can see his much time and effort has gone into the revamp of this cottage. I could go on for hours about how great Sunny Corner is but I'll just raise my favourite parts of this cottage:

The location is ideal as the allocated parking space is a few minutes walk away.
For a dog owner the top garden is secure.
The kitchen is very well equipped.
The heating and hot water can be adjusted as and when you want ( other properties have timer controls which you cannot alter?!).
So much storage and not at all cramps for 4 adults and 2 dogs!
Great location as the first pub of many is seconds away.

And finally... The owners!!! I have never before had the owner visit us with a card and gift for our stay!! Not only that but after chatting with them you can see how much they love what they have done here . All I can say is roll on December 2015 when we will be returning to Sunny Corner and the delights of Polperro x

DebJDix
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“You Need To Stay Here for so many reasons.......”
Reviewed December 28, 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Sit back, relax , in fact may be worth getting a drink !! This quick review will end up being a long one !!!
Stayed here in September 2011, a 'young mature' couple with a young crazy cocker spaniel......decided to avoid the Christmas Frenzy and upsets and visit again for Christmas Week. So younger but more mature and with a calmed cocker (is there such a thing ?!)
Received a call from Giles the letting agent before our stay and found that there was a new owner and Sunny Corner had gone through a make over......how excited were we and how lucky ....
Bit of a journey down from the Peak District but we knew for a week we would be closer to a Coast than we can ever be !!!
Walked into the Cottage, all my husband could hear me say was, wow, wow, wow, come and look at this .....Sunny Corner has lost none of its quaintness but someone with a fantastic eye for colour has painted , chosen new decor, even new pots and pans etc.
So fancy that the bed linen and towels are embroidered with the cottage name, beautiful.

Another amazing thing was the present under tree for us and Charlie, Santa must have told someone what Charlie liked as he got his favourites !!!

The kitchen was more than enough for us to pop all our Christmas food and drinks into the fridge and freezer and cooking facilities enabled us to have a superb Christmas Dinner as we would at home. The front enclosed patio garden was perfect for Charlie the nosey cocker to sit and watch people go by and in summer the space up the back would be great to chill and relax.
Car parking space included is a bonus and so so handy for the cottage, much easier than in the village where you cannot take your car.
The Crumplehorn Inn is amazingly close with good food and drink and very pleasant staff. A short walk into Polperro gives you a fabulous choice of places to eat and drink, all excellent , we do have to mention in particular The Mill House,beautiful make over there too and Staff very very friendly as were the locals.
Horrendous trip home taking nearly twice as long due to the mass exodus of likewise holiday makers from devon and Cornwall to go back up north, and the deep snow that we came across trying to get home......worth it, Yes, would we go through it again, Yes !!!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing