“Magestic views”

Price range: US$0 - US$86
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2016

Fantastic views over porthminster bay. We had a window table which was perfect. Starters were very good and service from all the youngish staff really good. My steak was cooked just as I prefer and my wife's fish dish looked and apparently was also perfect.. Nice wines at a fair price makes this a really good restaurant

Reviewed September 16, 2015

Booked this restuarant for a 25th Silver Wedding Anniversary for a friend. After a friendly greeting we were seated at a window view overlooking the bay which was beautiful. Our waiter handed my friend a card wishing her a happy anniversary which was a lovely touch as we had never been before. The food was first class and the service excellent. I can highly recommend this restuarant and will certainly visit again when visiting St Ives.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The lookout is the restaurant & bar of the pedn Olva Hotel.
It offers tremendous views overlooking Porthminster beach on one side and of the Harbour and beach to the other side of the restaurant.
We both opted for steaks, having forgone any starters, as this was a lunchtime visit.
The steaks were divine, and so were the sauces we chose to accompany the dish. The chips are worthy of a mention although the portions looked small, they weren't , as they were presented in a little metal basket basket resembling a chip fryer, very novel, and very good chips !
The view over Porthminster is worth a premium in itself, so combine this with good service and you have a winning combination.
After the meal we retired to a lounge area which had a fantastic view of Godrevy lighthouse, and had comfy settees & coffee tables perfect for reading the daily papers, with a nice coffee or a pint of Tribute ale......

Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed for a week at this hotel during half term holidays. St Ives is normally a very busy place whatever the season (much more peple in the summer months) . Although the hotel was full, it presented no problem when relaxing in the bar or having a meal in the restaurant. There was plenty of room and the staff are very good at their jobs. The rooms are on the small side , but, considering that it is built on the site of an old copper mine the owners have shown innovation in presenting the accommodation regarding both view and standards of extras (toiletries,tea coffee facilities, decor.. ect) My partner and I love staying at this establishment and fully endorse it. The position in St Ives is excellent and offer some of the best vistas of harbour/town and sea. A lovely little hotel in a lovely cornish seaside town. Looking forward to a return stay.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We ate here on Friday 30 after walking in on the hope of a window table and getting one .I had the venison and my wife a veggie opted for a side salad ,a side of vegetables ,and a portion of new potatoes. everything was cooked as it should be ,and the service as on previous visits was excellent (management take note)

1  Thank Kcplumm