The Atlantic(Carbis Bay)
US$119
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$233
US$195
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate(Carbis Bay)
Book now, pay at stay
US$358
US$357
Agoda.com
All reviewsshearings holidaycoach driverself driveentertainment areashearings groupevening entertainmenta sea view roomives bayweekend breaksuperior roompaid extra for a sea viewmeal timeshalf boardmobility problemsbeds were very comfortablesingle roomlong journey
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic stay here last month with National Holidays. Whilst myself and my partner were the youngest in our party (late 30's) we enjoyed every minute of it. The view from our room was stunning and even the building work going on over the road didn't spoil our stay. The staff were all friendly and polite, the meals were excellent and our room was clean and very comfortable. Our only gripe was some of the miserable couples we had to listen to during mealtimes...maybe they were more used to staying at the Ritz or the Savoy. For the price we paid, there really shouldn't have been any complaints but some people are just professional whingers. The Manager went out of his way to get us bus times from St Ives to Penzance, then onto Lands End when we wanted a trip there. Lovely place, lovely people, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Sarah L
gm123stives, General Manager at Bay St. Ives Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Shearings holidays have some great deals available at the moment. St Ives is a great holiday resort for all ages and there is plenty to do for all, Barbara Hepworth Museum, Tate Gallery, Surfing on Porthmeor beach, walks along the headland to Zennor and much more.It would be great to see you again.Call the hotel and we will be happy to help with your booking for here or any other Shearings Hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Hotel was alright bigger than expected we got room 200 which had a shower as requested and a seaview Brill !!! Was big enough for the two of us, But was not the case for others.. Read Vals review as she shown me her room which smelled really bad of damp, had a ripple in the carpet and boarded and painted window...
Lift was very small and noisy..
Entertainment was really poor.
Man on a key board and another on a guatar, a woman entertainer and Bingo (full house £11 depending on how many players) and a quiz ....
No pool table as seen in pictures..
Meal times we were really squashed in with only inches between tables and chairs were back to back so could hardly move.. Even though there was another dinning room next to it which was not being used.. We chose to eat out most of our stay..
Service was very good and you got what you ordered most of the time..
Staff were very freindly and helpful..
Bus Station & Train Station just down from Hotel where you can travel to Penzanse, Truro, Lands.end and can also buy a all day saver and travel for £7 all day on first buses....
St ives is very Hilly..
Very nice place and lovely scenery..

Room Tip: phone the hotel after you book with shearing to request what you require as i did and they were very helpful ...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nuttycow13

The hotel is having some refurbishment work completed as we speak.In January the lounge was repainted and we decided that we would donate the pool table to a local charity for their community to enjoy. This was all part of our sustainability community project.
The room that is referred to with a boarded window had an an original fire escape leading from there so the window was of no use now since changes were introduced.There is however a large double opening window which gives good light and ventilation. The carpet issue has occurred since the latest carpets were laid, it appears that there has been a manufacturer fault which the builder is looking to rectify before more carpets laid this year.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This hotel is terrific value for what you get. Ok parts of it are a little dated, and I've had bigger more luxurious rooms. But it was warm, comfortable with TV, WC & shower, tea making facilities. What more do you need. Hotel meals were good with plenty of choice. Entertainment every night of varying quality, but some very good. Hotel is situated overlooking the bay. Very close to the bus station for trips out. Our Shearings coach driver was brilliant, very knowledgable, he went out of his way to make sure our trips out were enjoyable and varied. I shall certainly return and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank jazzcatjan

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The hotel does have varied entertainment trying to appeal to a variety of people, this is being reviewed all the time so that we can appeal to the widest audience possible. Shearings have some great deals in many of its great locations so why not give one a go and some have cabaret weekends or tibute acts which are great.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Arriving at this hotel on Easter Sunday after a 10 hour drive on a Shearings coach, last weeks passengers rubbish still on the coach and a head ache due to the rude drivers insistance that he talk constantly despite being told by everyone at least twice that the PA system was crackling and we couldn't understand a word he was saying (same on return journey) to find outside peeling dirty paintwork including the front entrance of the hotel.
I was allocated room 7, up the stairs despite requesting a lift, upon entering I tripped over the ruck in the carpet, the smell of damp made me feel sick, one of the two windows was boarded up as was a doorway into where????, tv remote sellotaped together, bathroom situated on a staircase - shower, wash basin, climb two steps, toilet on a step, two more steps then a wooden wall halfway on the next step to separate the bathroom from ????. Towel rail on the wall over the toilet, totally unhygenic. I would never have believed that any one could contemplate making a bathroom on a staircase. My initial request to move rooms was declined, after re-entering the damp smelly room I decided I would leave the hotel, returned to reception to find I was only one of several requesting room changes. I was moved to room 2 which was a standard double facing the sea although at the moment it looks upon a building site, the mattress was lumpy, the dimmest light bulb one could possible have, no heating or towel rail in bathroom but plenty of silver fish, dripping shower which was fixed immediately I reported it, peeling paintwork on windows. Bed linen and towels immaculate. Most people complained about the rationed heating, none at all on the morning of Easter Monday, a cold wet day.
The manager, deputy manager and reception and dining room staff were all pleasant and efficient.
This hotel building is dismal and decaying rapidly with obvious damp everywhere, needs completely refurbishing, there were dirty sofas in reception and the tv room.
My first and last holiday with Shearings.
Breakfast was good, dinner adequate.
St Ives is beautiful, and I enjoyed my visits to The Tate Gallery, Barbara Hepworth Museam, the Eden Project and a visit to Falmouth and Truro as well as trying a cornish pasty, I will return to Cornwall in the future.

Room Tip: There do not appear to be any good rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
16  Thank val m
Reviewed April 14, 2012

On arrival with National Holidays end Feb 2012 manager got on coach and introduced himself which was nice touch. Driver Andy very knowledgable and sociable.
I'd requested room accessible by stairs (can't take lift/claustrophobic) and with sea view and got a room with balcony (not many of these) - the view was perfect - hotel just across road from beach/sea which could see from my bed through the window!
If view important to you I would suggest paying the extra to get one as many people on my trip had poor views and not very well located rooms.
Unfortunately was terrible stench in the room on entering it and others said same on my floor-but once in there the nostrils adjusted - until went out and came in again!
Also rooms were not soundproof, so if not listening to entertainment downstairs you have no choice but to listent to it in your rooms! The floorboards creaked too, you could hear people moving about upstairs and next door.
Furniture and hotel tired looking (except dining room and public areas downstairs which looked fresh and cleaner. On stairs there was tape at 2 points holding carpet down or joins, but even the tape didn't match, one being stripey other plain-so gave a 'can't be bothered' attitude.
Food was reasonable with a 3 course menu on entry to dining room as well as on tables. Staff work very hard and are very welcoming.
Thought the vouchers idea was a good one-you can use them throughout the day (a new rule in force to reduce binge drinking apparently!) can even take the drinks to your room. However, on day 2 they ran out of white wine, so wasn't very impressed with this.
Hotel is in good location for the town - though St Ives is bit hilly so perhaps difficult for less mobile. In my opinion hotel not disabled friendly as there are lots of steps and going down to dining room to and limited lift available.
Despite my negative comments though, the St Ives bay does give value for money. You get what you pay for. I'm more used to upmarket hotels and of course paying lots more for the comfort and privilages. So for a cheap 5 day break away, b & b, evening meal, super view and a day trip and 1/2 day trip I paid under £200. The 4 vouchers per day to use was plenty so didn't need to spend anything at night.

Bubbly

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a sea view - its worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank bubblychick51
gm123stives, Manager at Bay St. Ives Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

We always like to extend a warm welcome to visitors to the hotel. The balcony and sea view rooms are well requested and they are worth the supplement for the views overlooking Porthminster beach.
There are a great number of good deals to be had throughout the company just now so why not try another Bay hotel in a great location. To book just phone the hotel and we will be more than happy to assist with the booking.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.