All reviewselvis tribute actquiet positionfantastic hospitalityfeel so welcomefull englishbrilliant stayrooms are spacioushotel is situatedliving roomtea coffeenothing too much troublelovely hoteldouble bedother guestsyogurtwarm welcomelong weekend
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We were made very welcome at the countryman the owners made every effort to make us and other guests comfortable.Nice quiet location and a good central location to visit west cornwall from. Would certainly recommend a visit.
Would also like to recomend the resteraunt and relaxing bar of an evening.
Our dog also enjoyed his stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with iknow-uk
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Confusion between my wife and I ended in an evening meal being booked in error.
Although was not what we expected, we were warmly welcomed, by the owners, one of which is an Elvis tribute act. The food was ok, with the burger being cooked and served by 'Elvis' was unique! Would recommend the home made curry. There was lots of karaoke equipment, which I would guess would be a good night if you like karaoke. Oh there is also rattler cider on draft!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Countryman Hotel for 4 nights, we were made to feel very welcome on arrival and our room was lovely and spacious and very clean. Breakfast and evening meal was lovely couldn't fault the food or the quality excellent. Sylvia and Rob are lovely hosts and couldn't do enough for us very friendly we would highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 324antoinetter
Reviewed July 22, 2017

On a last minute flying visit to St Ives, I needed a place to stay for just 1 night. Have been going to St Ives for many many years, but somehow managed to miss this little gem. I didn't even know it existed, but it came up with availability for the 1 night I needed so I booked it. What a good decision. I turned up early, but was welcomed with open arms, was shown my room which was spotlessly clean and just perfect. Beautifully decorated, everything you could need, despite being early, nothing was too much trouble. I needed to be in St Ives for 9+ hours so left my car there and went by taxi as parking in the town is a nightmare. It was only 5+ mins and £8 each way which was worth it for no hassle and no parking fees, even if I could have even found a space. On my return I spent the later part of the evening in the bar with Sylvia and Rob and their friends and other guests and felt like part of the family, and had a great time with the Elvis tribute evening, but also know that equally I could have gone to my room and still felt comfortable and relaxed. Lovely breakfast, spoilt for choice, I just can't find fault with this place. If you are thinking of booking a stay here, don't think, just do it! I will definitely be back but this time not just for 1 night. Massive thank you to Sylvia and Rob
Sarah Anderson

Room Tip: Family and pet friendly, also as I was this time solo traveller
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

we where staying at a local campsite, went to a local pub with no atmosphere. Had one and left. Walked 4 mins down the road and found this gem.
What brilliant hosts Sylvia and Rob where. Rob was landlord chef and then turned into Elvis.
What a performance, real energy, he made everyone feel welcome even the younger generation where enjoying themselves. We will defiantly be returning. Fantastic home made food and a warming atmosphere.
You can see why people come back year after year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple