“Would definitely go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Ives
The Countryman Hotel St Ives
Ranked #40 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, friendly and clean.
We stayed in room 4 and we loved it, a little bit far out from the beach front but you can get a taxi into town for a cheap price! The beach itself was breathtaking even though the weather was not that nice but omg the crystal clear sea!! I couldn't believe I'm in England!!

The room, There's a tea + coffee making facility in the room,TV and lovely double bed with new shower + toilet room (no sink), small sink outside the shower room which was different,
There's a big wardrobe in the room which was handy for all my clothes. Room provided towels and toiletries. No hairdryer in the room when the website said so but could probably ask from the reception but I didn't bother. Loved the free wifi as we didn't go down to the bar or play pool downstairs.

We stayed for a night which was for our weekend getaway so we had a chance to have our free breakfast which was so lovely. There's a menu that you can choose what you want. Tea + coffee. Lots of different flavoured yogurt, breads and juice.

Overall we really enjoyed staying at the countryman hotel. For the cheap price of £80 for 2 people 2 days/night + free breakfast?! We would definitely go back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We were made very welcome at the countryman the owners made every effort to make us and other guests comfortable.Nice quiet location and a good central location to visit west cornwall from. Would certainly recommend a visit.
Would also like to recomend the resteraunt and relaxing bar of an evening.
Our dog also enjoyed his stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with iknow-uk
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Confusion between my wife and I ended in an evening meal being booked in error.
Although was not what we expected, we were warmly welcomed, by the owners, one of which is an Elvis tribute act. The food was ok, with the burger being cooked and served by 'Elvis' was unique! Would recommend the home made curry. There was lots of karaoke equipment, which I would guess would be a good night if you like karaoke. Oh there is also rattler cider on draft!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Countryman Hotel for 4 nights, we were made to feel very welcome on arrival and our room was lovely and spacious and very clean. Breakfast and evening meal was lovely couldn't fault the food or the quality excellent. Sylvia and Rob are lovely hosts and couldn't do enough for us very friendly we would highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017

On a last minute flying visit to St Ives, I needed a place to stay for just 1 night. Have been going to St Ives for many many years, but somehow managed to miss this little gem. I didn't even know it existed, but it came up with availability for the 1 night I needed so I booked it. What a good decision. I turned up early, but was welcomed with open arms, was shown my room which was spotlessly clean and just perfect. Beautifully decorated, everything you could need, despite being early, nothing was too much trouble. I needed to be in St Ives for 9+ hours so left my car there and went by taxi as parking in the town is a nightmare. It was only 5+ mins and £8 each way which was worth it for no hassle and no parking fees, even if I could have even found a space. On my return I spent the later part of the evening in the bar with Sylvia and Rob and their friends and other guests and felt like part of the family, and had a great time with the Elvis tribute evening, but also know that equally I could have gone to my room and still felt comfortable and relaxed. Lovely breakfast, spoilt for choice, I just can't find fault with this place. If you are thinking of booking a stay here, don't think, just do it! I will definitely be back but this time not just for 1 night. Massive thank you to Sylvia and Rob
Sarah Anderson

Room Tip: Family and pet friendly, also as I was this time solo traveller