1,767 results
All reviews sea view parked our car wedding venue visited this hotel overlooking the beach public areas fish and chips amazing views out of season short break night break lovely room josh jacuzzi harbour st ives
Reviewed November 1, 2018

This was our first and only holiday this year and only for a few days and while the location and views were great as well as the food there little details that just let the place down.

Arrived on Saturday and as there was a wedding reception and it was the start of half term obviously it was very busy which we understood. We didn't want to eat in the restaurant or go out for food so we ordered room service which we had to chase up although as stated the food was very good.

There were problems with our room being made up during our four night stay due to staff shortages which we again had to chase and breakfast was a little bit of pot luck as small details which arose which again you either had to chase or, as we did, just overlooked.

These comments in no way reflect on the staff who were very helpful but it did just seem that the place would benefit with a bit better management.

Finally the wing in which we stayed was on the chilly side although we accept it was the end of October and the hotel inevitably will get the full blast of any weather which is obviously difficult to predict due to it's location. It was also a little noisy with loose floorboards outside and above the room creaking every time someone walked over them.

Room tip: Go for the sea view option - outstanding views across the bay.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nick R
FedericoASHH, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nick R

Thank you for your most recent review of St Ives Harbour Hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay on the whole with us.
We value your comments and I will ensure your feedback is passed to our departments. We pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of service.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

With wonderful views across Porthminster Beach, we thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon tea.

We had a delicious selection of sandwiches, scones and three mini desserts each at a very reasonable £16pp.

We went mid week and it was very quiet - which we like!

Would definitely recommend if you’re looking for somewhere to relax!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lucy B

Thank you for your most recent review of St Ives Harbour Hotel.
I am very happy you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us and had a relaxing experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

I am rebuilding a new life for myself as a single-again person. and I decided to take myself off somewhere for the weekend, just to treat myself. I haven’t travelled anywhere on my own for a long, long time. And I thought very carefully about what I wanted. I wanted it to be special. I wanted somewhere reasonably local as that felt adventurous enough for me at the moment. And as I live in Cornwall and love St Ives, I chose St Ives. I visit this wonderful little harbour many times a year. But I have never stayed overnight before.
I chose this hotel because it felt like a familiar face to me. It’s more or less the first Hotel you see when you arrive in St Ives so I had driven past it many, many times. I had visited the bar on a couple of occasions and enjoyed the beautiful views and good hospitality. And I knew it had a Spa which I rather fancied trying. I was also aware that it had recently been refurbished. So for all those reasons, this Hotel was my first choice for my weekend break. And I had high hopes for it!
Well, I was not disappointed. This Hotel lived up to my every single one of my hopes & expectations for my weekend. Every. Single. One. I had a wonderful time.
Reception doesn’t look like any other reception I’ve ever seen. In fact I’d passed it on my previous bar visits without even realising it was where Reception was based. The Receptionist seemed a little unsure. I think she was new. But the Duty Manager, seemed to recognise this, stepped in, in a professional manner, to organise my check-in for me, carried my bag to my room for me and even parked my car too too. He was around when I checked out as well and although he was busy with another guest, took the time to acknowledge me and say goodbye. His warm, personal, attentive approach is very welcoming & reassuring. Thank you Des.
My room was a little on the small side. But beautifully furnished and very clean. The bed was very, very comfortable.
The restaurant has spectacular views of St Ives Bay at breakfast and dinner. Dinner choices are simple but good & varied. Breakfast choices are very good. I enjoyed both. Most of the staff are very young. and some a little inexperienced. Jake in the restaurant is very good - he’s efficient and friendly with just the right amount of flair and attentiveness. He knows the menu very well. A very capable, pleasant young man. Rosie at breakfast was just the same. Thank you to both of you.
The refurbishment in the bar is beautiful. The prices seemed a bit high. St Ives is not the cheapest place in Cornwall so I wasn’t expecting bargain prices. But the prices do seem to have risen since I was last here.
Julie in the bar is lovely. It was nice to have someone a little nearer my own age who I could more easily relate to! Julie is a lovely woman.
The Spa is smaller than I expected. But at the times I visited it was quiet so it didn’t feel cramped. I went twice during my stay - once on the day I arrived and again after checking out but before leaving. I wanted to make the most of it! I enjoyed the steam room and the sauna and had a lovely swim in the pool too. Again, they’re small. But luckily not busy on the days I visited. My impulse decision to have my nails done couldn’t be accommodated. My fault for not booking.
All in all, I had a wonderful stay at this Hotel. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I’m very sure I will.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear GoPlaces21694426462

Thank you for your most recent review of St Ives Harbour Hotel.
I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and got to experience the many things we have to offer.
I have passed on your much valued feedback to the staff you have named. I am sure they will be very happy they have enhanced your experience

Reviewed October 29, 2018

My wife and I had an overnight stay here in the summer , we were welcomed at reception and our bags were taken to our room .... The room was fantastic , bright and roomy with a fantastic view over St Ives Harbour . We went down for dinner which was superb and the service was excellent , we stayed in the bar for a couple of drinks after too .....
A great nights sleep was followed by a lovely breakfast , plenty of choice from the breakfast menu too ... A great experience all round .

Room tip: Sea View Room
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mjulian81

Thank you for your most recent review of St Ives Harbour Hotel.
I am delighted you had a memorable experience with us.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

We stayed at the St Ives Harbour Hotel for two nights for a family wedding. Everything was perfect. From the room to the wedding. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for all their guests . Breakfast was also very good well done

Dear Teresa S

Thank you for your most recent review of St Ives Harbour Hotel.
I am delighted you had a great experience with us on such a special occasion.
We hope to welcome you back soon.