“Great time away.”
other travellers have booked this property
Well equipped kitchen with oven and ceramic hob
Washing machine
Well equipped kitchen
Open plan kitchen/diner
Dining table
Looking in from front door
Desk
Sunset over St.Ives
View towards St.Ives
Sunset over St. Ives
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Harvey F
“Great time away.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We have Camped in the Hayle - Gwithian for 5 years now, we love the area and the beach is just 1 of the best in the UK. The Use of HI-UP just finished it all off.
Well equipped and within walking distance from the beach it was great.
Would definitely stay here again. We have a 11 year old lad who made friends quickly at the local onsite play area, which allowed us some quality time to relax.

Travelling group: Young Children
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
9 Jul 2014
Dear Louise

Thanks so much for the review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Liked best: the views
Liked least: the insulation - very hot when the sun is up and cold at night and windy weather
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 Jul 2014
Dear Doerthe,

Thanks so much for the review. Like you we love the views both at day and night time. Did you look and see St Michael's Mount on the horizon through the binoculars?

Catherine...
London, United Kingdom
“Homely with stunning views”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I stayed at Hi-Up as I wanted to get away from London and finish editing my novel. It was easy to book and Simon's communication was prompt and friendly. Likewise, the directions and prior info given were clear and helpful. Riviere Towans is a holiday park, but I went just after the Easter holidays and it was peaceful. I also found Hayle to be a friendly and relaxed place (I especially liked the woman in the Co-Op who asked me for ID - I'm 37!). As I think all the other reviews have said, the best part about Hi-Up was the big windows and fantastic views all around - definitely good to get the creative juices flowing. Although the weather wasn't the best when I was there, it was still lovely to be so close to a long, sandy beach - I walked along it every day. (I took lots of photos of the views from Hi-Up and the beach - I have uploaded some.) I was happy with all the equipment and appliances in the chalet (I was particularly fond of the big, modern bathroom sink - I want one in my flat!).

There were a few things I felt could possibly be improved or that potential guests may want to be aware of: I opted for the paid wi-fi service supplied by the holiday park. This cost just under £12 for a week (you can book it for shorter periods). Unfortunately, it didn't work all the time, but it was good enough for my needs and when it didn't work I would just use my iPhone instead, or sometimes restarting my laptop seemed to sort it. Although the chalet was clean in all the obvious places, I think it could do with a yearly spring clean. However, it's worth mentioning that I am more fussy than most about this kind of stuff, plus as I was there to write, I spent more time indoors than most guests would. The sofas, though comfy, are getting a bit grubby. One other minor point that some may appreciate: the iPod/iPhone dock, though handy to have, won't fit the iPhone 5/5S/5C or newer iPods (I was kicking myself for forgetting my adapter!).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay. I felt comfortable and relaxed at Hi-Up and the views should be experienced!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
72aren
London, United Kingdom
“Great views and excellent location”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Hi-Up is nice and cozy, has great views of St. Ives and the coastline around it, and is a short walk away from one of the nicest beaches in Europe. We really enjoyed our stay.

17 Apr 2014
Dear Aren,

Thank you for leaving your review and so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hi Up. We hope you will come to stay again!

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Liked best: The views
Liked least: Having to leave!
Helen W
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“A beautiful place to stay in Cornwall.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Hi-up is an idyllic place to stay in a fabulous part of the Cornwall countryside. As a keen surfer and enjoyer of outdoor activity, this is a great location for walks, swims in the sea and cycling. Gwithian is a famous surf spot and always provides a good swell. There are also many cultural and historical places short distances away.
The chalet is well equipped, comfortable and a joy to come back to after a long day or even spend a rainy one. The living area is comfortable and clean, entertainment is provided if required, with stereo and tv/DVD. Pleasant views from every angle and the outdoor seating area great for an evening drink with a book.
I will definitely revisit this accommodation and would highly recommend it for a busy break or lazy holiday.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The openness and light airy feel to the place
Liked least: Really nothing to complain about
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing