All reviews perfect location private bathroom regular visitors harbour beach clean rooms parking space lovely room out of season top floor nothing is too much trouble car park danielle sian beaches st ives rooftops
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

First holiday with my boyfriend and glad we booked this lovely little place. The staff were very friendly and were happy to help in any way they could. Wifi throughout which is always a bonus! Amazing breakfast (which is a must). Rooms were small but we didn't need anything big personally. It did mean our private bathroom was across the landing so it was a bit strange in my pjs and towel head!

The only reason we have rated three is the parking was a distance, however in st Ives I suppose it's just a good thing we got parking at all. And it was still within walking distance.

The downside was the check out on booking.com said 10.30, but on the day to leave we were asked to leave at 10.10 for the next visitors. It wouldn't have been a problem if I didn't think it was 10.30, maybe just clarify this with guests at check-in? Otherwise great place to stay! :)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Perfect location for enjoying everything St Ives has to offer. A very friendly welcome and a lovely room despite it being the smallest. Breakfast was the best we've had anywhere we've stayed before.
I would give this a five star rating if toiletries and hair dryer had been provided as stated on the website. I didn't bring my own and had to ask for some. I was kindly offered shampoo and shower gell but I didn't like to have to ask.
We'd highly recommend this beautiful B&b and hope to return in the summer.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2017

Just enjoyed two nights here. Danielle directed us in and was excellent. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. The beds were very comfortable. Everything was very clean and pretty. The location being just yards from the water in the harbour was perfect for us. Car parking, as it is almost everywhere in St Ives, is minutes away in a public car park. We intend to return in the Autumn.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful B & B, really quaint in the heart of St Ives. We were in Room 1 at the top of the Anchorage & had views of the harbour & sea which was perfect. The room is nicely done out, very clean & a comfortable bed. It was small but ample for our needs. The stairs up to it were awkward but manageable. You have to realise its a small old fisherman's house (I think?) & not a Victorian town house. Danielle and Mum made us feel extremely welcome & their breakfast was superb. Nothing was too much trouble & their recommendations of where to eat (cafe pasta) and drink (the balcony) were spot on. The b & b couldn't be better placed & the offer of parking £6 per day should be taken. We didn't need the car till time to come home. Wonderful stay, lovely people. Definitely on our list to revisit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2017

We stayed at The Anchorage for a birthday weekend. Both staff members were extremely helpful and friendly. We had the last room available and it was very well appointed with everything we needed, even wine glasses. It was clean and warm and cosy. The only very minor thing was that the bed was a little on the hard side but this might suit some people. The house is very old and has lots of charm.

It is situated right near the front and is great for pottering around the galleries and restaurants and easy to nip back to. Parking was a bit tricky, as everywhere in St Ives (we drove around twice before we found the place) but we popped the car overnight in the nearby short stay and then moved it up the hill in the morning to the long stay.

I would definitely recommend The Anchorage and would stay here again. Suggest you book early if it is in season though.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple