All reviews rose cottage min walk on arrival sunflower path cornwall properties
Reviewed October 30, 2017

We have stayed at Gonwin Manor cottages 5 times now. I do not think we will be going back. No Wifi for the week and when I telephoned to get some help I was told that Pure Cornwall do not guarantee Wifi.
Clean, every single cooking implement you could imagine
Since a holiday company have started managing it it has got worse, all the nice little touches have gone. It is looking quite shabby now for example only three glasses! I do not think it is worth the +£1100 for a 2 bedroom cottage for a week.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Visited Rose Coattages in June 2017. My partner and I booked it for our honeymoon as we have a baby and did not want to travel abroad. Rose Cottage is described on the website as the honeymoon suite, with countryside views from the bedroom, a private courtyard, 5 mins from the beach, ideal for couples with a baby.

Upon arrival all seemed well however we soon realised there was no countryside view from the bedroom - or from any window, the seating area is in a shared courtyard with each cottage having a small waste height hedge dividing it up, and access to the beach was down a path which at the time was overgrown with nettles and inaccessible. What should have been a 5 min walk became a 25min walk up the main road.

Phoned to complain, got an apology but no offer of a partial refund/upgrade/voucher or anything else to attempt to put it right. Emailed a complaint when home and as yet no reply.

We paid £1000 for the week based on the description which we had read. Mainly for the view from the bedroom which was non existent. There was only a view if you walked out of the cottage and up the back of the field.

As for the private lake, this is a pond; with a deck area for a few sunloungers.

Don't get me wrong, Rose Cottage is a nice cottage and I can't speak for the other cottages at Gonwin Manor. It's just wrong how they are describing it as this luxury little retreat for honeymooners when it's clearly not.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank markandkirsty
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay with our dog & children. Cottage was perfect, so much attention to detail. Everything was included (dishwasher tabs, barbecue charcoal & dog poo bags) that isn't normally. The walk into st Ives is beautiful on the coast path, although quite a work out! Just a brilliant base for tge beautiful St Ives area

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Farnboroughmum
Reviewed May 23, 2016

My family and I have just returned from a lovely 3 night weekend break at Poppy Cottage. The cottage was beautifully furnished, very clean and perfect for our every need while in Cornwall,

If I was to be super picky then I think the late check in time of 4pm is not ideal, especially with the check out time of 10am, and while pet friendly, there is no outside area enclosed for dogs, so it doesn't really have a 'fully enclosed courtyard.'

My family and I very much look forward to returning in the future, and would thoroughly recommend to anyone thinking of visiting.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AmesB1993
Reviewed April 26, 2016 via mobile

This is our 5th visit to gonwin manor. We love going as a family. We came down on the 2nd of April with our family and in-laws for our usual easter break. Only to find the cottage below us was having a bathroom refitted . The noise was terrible.... not exactly a restful holiday. Which is what we came down for. Then we hado problems with the heating.... cold bedrooms.
I must say we were very disappointed .

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family