All reviewscarbis baytrain stationplace to staycoastal pathyogurtmargaretcornwallsea
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Place itself its ok. Me and my wife stayed there for three nights. A bit of climb if You would like to go to the beach carbis bay. Car park is very tight so with my car we werent able to park at the site. We had to park on the street. Our room was a top room. Very small, not that clean. Shower very tiny, barely any place to move. Be prepared for softest materace ever! And not very wide. If You not use to it its very hard to sleep on it! We have struggled in first two nights to sleep. Breakfast was very good though. U can request extra portions. Owner very helpful and propably thats why im rewarding this place with 4 stars

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank Mt C
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a few days, having already booked before I broke my foot. The owners really helped us out by carrying luggage amongst other helpfulness where my foot hindered our trip. Food great, room lovely and view of the sea very nice.

A great place for couples wishing to have a base for St Ives. Carbis Bay has a great fish and chip restaurant and a tapas bar too.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

I made the mistake of reading reviews for this hotel after I had booked but before I travelled. I think some of the reviews were unfair and I'm not sure what the people who left them were expecting.

The hotel is small so therefore the rooms are on the small side. Saying that, the only thing I didn't like about our room, room 5 on the top floor, is the fact that the slope of the roof meant we couldn't sit up in bed. The bed is very comfortable and the view is exceptional. It is extremely quiet at night but if you have the windows open you can just hear the sea.

The en suite is small but the room is on the top floor and the bathroom is tucked under the slope of the roof. It does have a full size shower and is scrupulously clean. The shower is a little tricky to get into though so very tall or wide people would struggle in the bathroom.

The owner, Martin, is very friendly and helpful. He left beers out on the bar in the evenings for my husband to take and leave the money. The breakfast is lovely and the public areas are immaculate. The parking spaces are tight but everyone managed.

So why not 6 stars? The wallpaper was a little untidy in places in our room, although this didn't affect our comfort. There was nowhere to hang wet towels. The Wifi was hit and miss, mostly miss. But I am being very picky. On the whole a lovely B&B in a lovely location and well worth the £80 per night we paid.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Was a little concerned from reading some ofthe reviews, so was delighted with what we did find. Owner Martin was very kind and helpful and the cat "boy" was also a joy.
Excellent location, lovely breakfast, all clean and tidy but maybe just a little snug if you are expecting large rooms.

Room Tip: King size room was the nicest..
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful view, great rooms and the kindest owner ever! He drove us all the way to Truro to try to catch a train we had missed. Best B & B we ever stayed in. St Ives is awesome. Will always remember this and hopefully we'll return soon.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple