All reviews owners and staff stayed at this hotel for nights mike mary sunday carvery a family run hotel the hotel is clean family room town centre five minute walk pleasant stay warm welcome friendly hosts fresh fruit north coast of cornwall bed was very comfortable couple of nights car park
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

The staff were a mix of friendly and cold we stayed for 3 nights the food fine

Rooms felt small, and the hotwater seemed to baffle them the location veiw ect was good but thd extractef fan was loud...

We got a discount as we had a baby not two adults so although cold sholder at times really nice to... like a game ov two halfs For us good base for the south west costal path

Would i stay again maybe but i would ssy it wad bad either way

Their is no swimming pool even though it says their is.

Hotel for walking worked well... but not maybe if your planning to be their all day

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was slightly pricier than I’d usually go for on a uk break but the location was great. Tintagel is adorably quaint and this hotel is a mere 10 minute walk to the castle grounds, which is why most people come to this area.
It has a spacious car park and a highly rated restaurant on site. We only partook of the included breakfast but it was so good that I did think we probably should have tried their evening meal offerings.
Our room was old in style but in a nice way. The bed was a tad creaky but it was comfortable. Good shower in the bathroom and the in room coffee faculties were great. I’m also impressed when you get free biscuits with your tea and coffee. Yes I’m maybe easily impressed.
It’s a family run hotel and they expect you to call ahead if you’re running late for your check in time but I think that’s fair enough really.
Good experience over all.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Arrived and had to search for someone to book us in, halfway through phone rang and we had to wait until that had been dealt with. Shown room with one double bed which we found that night had seen better days and felt like sleeping on pebbles. Nowhere to put cases, no place to do hair and make up, decor very shabby. Tea and coffee tray put into a part of the wardrobe that had been cut out to make a hole. Had front ground room which had a view two foot out of the window of a six foot fence and the facility of other guests walking on this two foot path brushing against our window with no privacy. Due to personal reasons we had to leave the next morning and were told we had to pay for the following night! Great public relations! This is one of the worst rooms I have stayed in for a long time and I do not recommend a visit to this hotel at all.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018

The room we received was spacious, very clean, a good bathroom (shower only) and overlooked the back courtyard with an ocean view in the distance. The bed was very comfortable and the room came with the usual amenities of a coffee/tea tray, shampoo and soap. The morning breakfast was delicious and the staff friendly. The entire place is charming and a short walk to Tintagel. As for the owner/manager - I accidentally damaged one of the tables in our room and when I showed him what happened he was very understanding and I paid a nominal charge for a repair. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Booked 2 rooms at fairly short notice for an overnight stay in early August.
I hadn't really expected much, but the hotel was well located, with lovely sea views from the gardens (and some rooms), and an easy walk into Tintagel.
Rooms were comfortable and clean.
We didn't dine at the hotel, but the breakfast was very good and the dining room a most pleasant characterful room.
All-in-all, a very pleasant small hotel and very good value.

Date of stay: August 2018