“A tasty Cornish pasty”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We were walking around Tintagel looking for a place for lunch. We couldn’t resist eating at the King Arthur’s cafe after seeing several people eating pasty’s. I can honestly say this was a tasty Cornish pasty.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

We are working down in Tintagel, and every Friday we need breakfast baps for lads on site. Can not knock the food at all. Always hot and tasty. Friendly staff and decent prices.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Really tasty ice cream and the service was exactly what you would expect in a welcoming county like Cornwall. Autumn is a time for wasps but they do not dare enter the café.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stopped in for a Cream Tea at the weekend, it was delicious! Staff were lovely and service was really fast considering how busy it was. If you're visiting Tintagel this a great place for a nice bite to eat and a natter.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Having just moved to the area, we visited Tintagel and popped in here for a coffee and cake. It wasn't late (not much after 4.00pm) and there were people at another table eating a full meal. The woman at the counter made us stand waiting whilst she wrapped cake and put it away, we were right in front of her but were ignored. We ordered coffee and asked if cake was still available. I really hate to type this but she literally rolled her eyes, reluctantly said that it was but she'd 'have to get it out again' and made us feel like a complete nuisance. On the up side the cake and coffee were lovely but who wants to be treated so unkindly?

Keri D, Owner at King Arthur's Bistro Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for taking you time to write this review. I can’t apologise enough for what you described as reluctant and grumpy service as this is really out of character. I have brought this to the attention of all staff and at this time of year the cakes are never wrapped at 4 (or shouldn’t be) . I would be ever so great ful if u could ring me personally to discuss the obive so I can resolve this . 07791900661 is my number and would like you to may be consider trying us again and you will see this is not normally the case. On the other hand I am really glad you enjoyed the coffee and cake just a shame about the rest!