“Truly delicious! ”

The Village Tea Rooms
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Tintagel
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great, quirky little place which serves lovely scones and cakes. The atmosphere was like stepping back in time and the waitress was friendly and attentive. It was a proper tearoom in every respect. I had the cheese scones which were delicious and here's my only tiny niggle - they were warmed up in the microwave. They don't need this. They would have been delicious cold especially with the great choices of chutney if you didn't fancy the onion one. My husband and son had homemade victoria sponge and lemon cake and there wasn't a crumb left which speaks volumes! Places like these are real gems and must be treasured.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The tea room is old fashioned... in all the right ways; enough tea served to make sure you wouldn't be thirsty, an attractive selection of cakes (I can recommend the lemon drizzle) with a warm welcome and service. Everything was clean and I saw the crumbs hoovered up promptly.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stopped for afternnon snack here. I had a coffee and walnut cake which was moist and and fluffy.. Also had home made lemonade that was really lemony and refreshing. My friend had another type of cake that he said was delicious.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews and sought shelter from the rain here with our 2 dogs. The server was very friendly and a little eccentric and served up scones with clotted cream and jam. Scones appeared to have been warmed up and were not fresh from the oven however tasty enough. 2 pots of tea finished us off and all for just over a Tenner!

1  Thank mistermarcus1972
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The lady who served us had clearly been doing her job for a long time, and her experience payed off; she was friendly and efficient, and the food she served us was delicious and tasted fresh and homemade, like it had come straight from the oven! We were very impressed!

1  Thank brianleah