“What a cosy find”

Bayards Cove Inn Restaurant Dartmouth
Reserve with OpenTable
Bayards Cove Inn Restaurant Dartmouth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 102 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bayards Cove Inn is the perfect place to come for a relaxing meal. We serve breakfast, lunches and delicious meals in the evening. Live music every Friday and Sunday nights.
Reviewed November 3, 2017

We just popped in for a light lunch of crab sandwiches and tea and were delighted with the cosy feel of this restaurant the staff were on top form and the weel presented food with hand cooked crisps arrived quite quickly considering how busy it was. We will defiantly go back

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We visited at the end of October on a Friday night when the town was still busy. My wife had the plaice and I tried the gurnard. Both were served with boiled potatoes, green beans and tomatoes. The food was good, service was friendly and attentive. They also allow dogs and they serve Devon lager. Best to reserve a table.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Booked table for an evening meal for 4 Mid week so not crowded..
Waiter took our orders quickly and starters were fine.
There followed an interminable wait for our main courses and when they arrived mine was dry and unappetising. More seriously my friend had specified clearly when he ordered what he wanted and what he didn't want - when it arrived everything was totally wrong! For example he had ordered a Steak and Monteray Jack burger and there was no cheese! When he complained a slice of cold cheese was added..
It was the reheated but the whole meal was so inedible he just left it The Manager agreed to reduce his bill but this led to a further problem. When I asked for our bill and explained how we wished to separate the cost, after 20 minutes we were still waiting.
When I complained to the lady at the bat it transpired the manager had not even started to prepare it! Not recommended...

Mr and Mrs D, Manager at Bayards Cove Inn Restaurant Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Hello,

I'm so sorry your meal and experience weren't up to our normal standards.
Could I please ask what evening you ate so I can talk to the team that were working?
Again, I do apologise for this.

Lottie

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Whilst walking around Dartmouth we decided to pop in for a coffee. It was lovely inside, coffee was good and my wife had a sandwich was excellent, and I was tempted by one of their cakes on display, which was delicious.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

A wonderful hotel set in a beautiful location. My wife and I have just returned from a weekend at the hotel celebrating our Ruby wedding anniversary, our room was excellent the breakfast was of the highest quality such a wide choice. The evening meal was also excellent. The staff were friendly and efficient.
Our only complaint was that we weren't given clean towels every day we had to use the same towels for 3 day