1,305 results
All reviewsthe barnpark and ridehi expressowl pubbeanspub next doorsofa bedfree breakfastmet officeself serviceair conconvenient locationyogurtcity centreplenty of parkinggood sizewhat it says on the tin
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Second time staying here for us. En-route from the north-west to Cornwall, this hotel is ideally situated just off the M5 motorway, and is also an easy short drive from the city centre. Parking plentiful. Rooms are comfortable. Not so much space is available when the sofa bed is opened up, but for one night it is perfectly manageable. The included breakfast was good with hot and cold options. All self serve.
As an ihg member, this will probably be our first choice of hotel whenever we travel to Cornwall in the future....starting with next year!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Hello Gail71C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us here at Exeter. I am thrilled you had such a good stay with us again. Moreover that we may well see you again in the future.
It is true to say that we are very well located to the M5 and that a lot of our guests, like yourselves do stopover on the way too or from their holidays.
Breakfast is always included with us here at Holiday Inn Express, 6.30-9.30 Monday-Friday and 7-11 Saturday-Sunday.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you here next time.
Alex M- Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Room nice and clean. Nice staff. Luckily had a quiet stay with no problems. There is no restaurant as such but you can get pizza. The dining room is clean and the buffet breakfast was good. Nice bar area for drinks.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear E B
Thank you for taking your time writing a review regarding our hotel. It’s great to see you experienced no problems during your stay and also recommending our hotel to others reviewing your comments.
As you have explained, we do not have a restaurant in our hotel, but we do provide a snack menu, including items like pizza, beef and chicken burgers, Panini’s, chicken tikka curry and lots more. The bar area is a great place to sit and relax, or socialise with friends and family, and the great thing is, the bar closes at 2am every night.
Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.
Jordan W
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Room was brilliant the staff was amazing and very helpful the only thing that could’ve been better was the breakfast as wasn’t much choice of drinks and food for those that can eat certain foods but fantastic value for money

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear J9994KDheidis,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your online review.
I am so pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and I am grateful for your kind words regarding our team too.
Thank you also for your comments about our breakfast. We offer an Express Start breakfast which is included in all our rates. We provide a wide selection of continental choices and four hot options of scrambled egg, Cumberland sausages, baked beans and bacon.
Thank you again for all your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards
Natalie C

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my wife and two teenage sons. All in one room. With the sofa extended to a double bed the room was pretty crowded. Ok to be expected for the price but what disappointed was the lack of storage space. I guess we weren't the typical room user. 4 of us for 6 nights needed more than a small rail and a couple of shelves. On the first morning I folded up the sofa bed to give us more space but this resulted in them taking away the bedding and not replacing it. They also took away 3 towels leaving just one. We had to get reception to replace them.

Breakfast was good. They advertise it as continental but there was sausage, bacon beans and scrambled egg to go with the cereals, croissants, fruit and toast. The coffee was very average.

Free papers each day was also an added bonus.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business trip or as a couple. Not sure if go again with 4 in one room especially for an extended stay.

Ending with the title, the hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and polite. A food hotel especially for the price but not a great one.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Martin S,
Thank you for taking the time to share you online review following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that we could accommodate you and your family and I am grateful for all your feedback. I am sorry to read that you felt the bedrooms too small. Our family rooms can accommodate a maximum of two adults and two children in a double bed and sofa bed. We do have some interconnecting rooms, maybe this would be a benefit to you the next time you stay. Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our breakfast too, it is great to read that you enjoyed the choices in our buffet breakfast. Your feedback is so valuable to us and I am grateful for all your comments. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Natalie C,

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

It's almost as if the chambermaids see the 'hang on, we're still in/do not disturb' signs you leave on your door and challenge themselves to make as much noise as humanly possible. Slamming doors, having conversations directly outside your door, more slamming doors. No consideration for people who might be trying to sleep at that time due to the hours that they work. Apart from that, the hotel is fantastic and the staff are more than helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
ExpressExeter, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exeter M5, Jct 29, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your online review I really appreciate your feedback.
I am sorry to read that you were disturbed by our Housekeeping team during your stay. Our Housekeeping team work hard to service each room to such a high standard and there should be no interference on our guests stay.
Please be assured that I will pass this feedback directly to our team of Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure your comments are filtered throughout their team.
Thank you again for all your vital feedback, this is so valuable to us as we strive to deliver a great experience each and every time.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards