1,373 results
All reviews train station city centre car park meal deal thyme restaurant uphill walk travelling by train st davids convenient location what it says on the tin good nights sleep budget hotel excellent stay night's sleep room was spotless family room self service
Reviewed November 5, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Had 2 nights here as visiting relative in Exeter. Room on 3rd floor overlooking to station. Very convenient for the said station and buses if you wanted to go in to town.
Room was good enough for me although be aware that if you have window open the traffic noise may cause concern.
Breakfast was fine, ample helpings if you wanted to and set you up for the day. I have stayed in a few Premier's and to be honest, this one is as good as any really.
Didn't eat in evening at hotel so won't comment, but people heard to say it was nice.
Staff were okay in my eyes, helpful and informative.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for one night on business, having had a long train journey from London it was very good to just walk over the road into the hotel. A friendly a fast check in got me into my room within a few minutes.

The room was standard Premier Inn fare, which is no bad thing although it was unusually tired. The chair for the desk was coming apart, and some of the decorations (particularly the bathroom where the skirting was deteriorating) were in need of a refresh. One of my towels had a hole in it.

The location is great for the station, but not brilliant for the city unless you don’t mind a walk. There’s very little in the immediate vicinity for evening entertainment and food apart from the in house restaurant or Starbucks in the station. I used the restaurant for breakfast and it was fine.

There’s no on site car park, if I had driven I would have to have left my car in the station car park or somewhere else. I wasn’t bothered about the shortcomings so much as I didn’t pay much for the room, but the scuzzy bathroom sticks in my mind.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Quick online check in and automated key collection so there is no need to interact with staff. Same with checking out, just leave key on the desk. Clean room. Enjoyed my stay and its one minute away from the train station. Would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed November 3, 2018

It appears you have good ratings but in my estimation not impressed at all .After spending several days in Manchester my son and I missed out last connection home. I wasn't too concerned as I thought we could spend the night in the Premiere Inn close to the station and resume out journey the following morning. I went in to request a room and went to pay in cash but was told I needed photographic id. The only photographic id I have is my driving license which I had left at home.. We offered to pay by card but was told we still needed id. The receptionist concerned was cold , lacked empathy and kindness to the fact it was late at night and we couldn't get home. A little kindness wouldn't have gone amiss and maybe some suggestions to alternative places to stay. But apart from suggesting the hotel opposite with a comment whether they will take you without photo id is questionable. Any how up your game Premiere Inn. If I hadn't had my son with me I would have felt more vulnerable than I already did and women should be safeguarded at night anywhere.. Had to get a taxi home which cost a fortune so at least look at changing your policies and offering kindness and advice to people in this predicament in future so they can safely find somewhere to stay at night

• Trip type: Travelled with family