“Just as good as its reputation”
Review of The Beer Engine

The Beer Engine
Ranked #6 of 576 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cosy gastropub and brewery with a covered balcony, tiered garden and a menu of locally sourced British dishes.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Been here twice now for lunch in quick succession. Lovely old pub, very comfortable and in beautiful surroundings. You get a great welcome and the food is fantastic. The beer (brewed on the premises) is also superb. All for a very reasonable price. On of those (rare) places where you feel almost happy to hand over the money, because the whole experience is worth every penny!

1  Thank matthS4410HH

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our first time at the Beer Engine. Went based on high TA rating. Wanted a nice lunch in a cosy environment & this did not disappoint. Very friendly and attentive staff. Food served promptly & was delicious. The local ale was lovely.The only criticism was that the veg was served doused in butter which detracted from the taste & made it soggy, This did not in any way spoil our visit.though. We will be back!

1  Thank tommotours
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Five of us visited last Thursday,the bar was very busy & every table taken,proof the Beer Engine has got it right,the service was first class,no wonder you have worked yourselves up to 8th place-well deserved.

1  Thank 295morts
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I was recommended to make a visit by a work colleague and I was so glad I did I was not disappointed.
When I pre booked the owner laughed when I asked for a table for 1pm the day before.
They were able to fit us in for 3pm.
The Scotch egg starter was delicious perfect slightly runny egg and a tasty sausage meet and coating, the side relish was also really tasty 10 out 10.
The Sunday lunch was also excellent and tasty my wife and I could not find fault even the roast potatoes where nice and fluffy with a nice crispy outer.
Plenty of meat and gravy and nicely cooked and prepared vegetables all in all 10 out 10 and we have finally found a local pub that serves great food not to mention they brew there own ale.

2  Thank 66Herobobbymoore
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Glad we booked! Delicious Sunday lunch, really tender meat and perfectly cooked veg and the puddings (brownie and crumble) were to die for. The pub was busy but the staff were so friendly and courteous. Excellent service!

1  Thank 248becky