“Lunchtime on the go”
Review of Chiquito

Chiquito
Ranked #134 of 576 Restaurants in Exeter
Description: ¡Hola amigos! Being the UK's biggest and most loved Tex-Mex restaurant, we know a thing or two about good food and drink. Our range of Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes have been making mouths water for over 25 years - from mild to wild, we've got every flavour! If you're in the mood for sizzling fajitas, bursting burritos, or tender fall-off-the-bone ribs, you've come to the right place. For those who fancy a lighter bite we have a brunch menu and a selection of desserts for your sweet tooth. We offer a gluten free menu too so anyone can enjoy dining out with friends. Our drinks will quench the greatest of thirsts - simply pop in try one of our famous margaritas. After all it's 5pm somewhere, right? See you soon, or as they say in Mexico, ¡hasta luego!
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Called in after doing a bit of shopping for the day house shared the nachos then ate a very tasty jambalaya and chimichanga. Nicole our waitress was a gem very friendly and nothing too much trouble answered questions we had about the menu look forward to going back and the cheesecake was every bit as good as mine well done

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Possibly the worst dining experience I have ever had. After visiting my Dad in hospital, I decided to take my two brother to Chiquitos for their first Mexican experience and to lighten up their moods following being in the hospital for several hours. However, we left the restaurant feeling just as gloomy as we had been in the hospital. It was truly terrible.
We arrived and all seemed fine. We ordered drinks, then mains... and that’s when the service pretty much ended. You could tell that something wasn’t right in the kitchen.
There was no food going out and tables were starting to complain about the wait for food. I tried to keep our spirits up. After waiting for about 40 minutes with still no sign of any food going out, I tried to call over two different waiters. But in the end had to go find somebody myself as it was clear that staff were avoiding making both eye contact and verbal contact with customers. I asked for crayons for the boys and the waiter went to grab some. However, I would have thought that being a Tuesday evening with a couple of tables with kids on (and their being some sort of delay in the kitchen) it would have been common sense to give out activity packs and crayons. Especially as happy children=happy parents. But, unfortunately it is something you have to ask for at this restaurant.
The table next to us questioned the wait again, and this time the manager said “everything is fresh to order”. However, after over an hour of waiting, food began to come out again. When we were given our food, I instantly felt disappointed. We had waited so patiently for food that literally looked like it had been thrown onto the plate. My brother had a chicken wrap meal from the ‘Young Adult’ menu (£8) which was the same size as the chicken wrap meal on the child’s menu (£5) which my younger brother had. This confused me, but I was too hungry to query this. But when I cut into my food, it was stone cold. I genuinely thought I was going to cry. I had to send it back along with burnt nachos (probably the only Mexican restaurant that can burn Nachos).
When my new meal came back, it was on par with my first enchilada. It was still cold. It was clear that they had a problem in the kitchen. And it was certainly obvious that the “made fresh” food that the manager mentioned to the other table was incorrect. As my food was still cold. But, at this point, I just wanted to leave.
The staff also avoided our table like the plague, it was awful. There was no check up from staff. They didn’t even clean our table. I had to keep asking for service rather than the staff members coming over to us. They didn’t even thank us/apologise or say goodbye when we left.
I certainly feel like I have wasted my money in here.

Don’t waste your time or money on this place.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Nicole our waitress was brilliant the resterant was clean and tidy all the staff were polite and helpfull .

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a 2 course meal here during the week. As a fan of Mexican food I was spoilt for choice with the menu and went for the tacos with chicken followed by churros. There were three of us and all our meals were really nice and well presented. I'm put off my food if there's too much on the plate but I found the portion sizes perfect. Reasonable prices, the restaurant itself is well laid out and all staff we encountered were very pleasant.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

A large group of us came here for a birthday meal although the food took some time to come out it was expected as it was a Friday evening, the staff were very friendly and attentive and were able to alter my meal with no problem as I am diabetic, we had a brilliant night at Chiquitos and the atmosphere was fab!! Will definitely be back (ps food was delicious)