All reviews the pub pub next door small fridge per night madras curry dog treats cooked breakfast travel cot roll top bath dog friendly hotel steam railway lovely hotel quiet location one night stay two nights cooked to order double bed
Reviewed October 1, 2018

once again this manor house is the best, the hospitality you could not fault, steve is a great chief the food was very good, My husband didn't want to go to any restaurant because the food was very good and the decor was very tastefully, and sally is very helpful, w.e had a wonderful time

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and very clean good views all around the manor
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked the Exmoor Manor hotel for one night on a walking break with our dog. We wanted somewhere with a ground floor room with access to outside and an adjoining pub where we could eat and this ticked all the boxes. On arrival there was no one to greet us but a message saying go to the pub next door which is part of the same property, so we did. The owner then showed us to our room which had a double bed and French doors opening to the front garden. We had bought a pen so we put this across the doors so we could leave them slightly ajar during the night without our dog being able to get out as it was hot. The room was nicely prepared and presented but it was rather small and, as other reviewers have pointed out, the curtains did not fit across the French doors which was a little odd. I think we would have preferred a larger room and bed which the property does offer but this one did have the outside access which we wanted so it was ok. The bathroom had a good shower but no window so a bit airless despite the fan. All settled we went across to the pleasant Beggars Roost for our meal. A table had been reserved for us but it was such a lovely evening we ate outside. We enjoyed a couple of gin and tonics and then we ordered a bottle of wine and my husband chose the squid to start which he said was delicious and I had prawns which were nice. For mains we both had the curry. This was very nicely presented but it was very hot for a pub curry. I like some spice and have had Madras before but this was too much for me and I left mine. I mentioned to the owner that I couldn’t eat the curry as it was too hot and he said well it is a Madras so that was me told. I think perhaps it would be helpful to point out on the menu that the Madras curry they serve is not for the faint hearted as other people have commented too. We had one more drink as a night cap in the pub and then it was off to bed.
After a warm night in the small double we enjoyed a cooked breakfast in the gallery. White and brown bread was on offer on a table for you to toast yourself.
The owners were very pleasant and we had a nice stay. Total cost including our drinks and meal in the pub came to around £170. Dogs can stay for an extra £10 per night and are welcome anywhere which is good if you have one with you.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my husband’s birthday, and had a brilliant time.

We were warmly welcomed, and the room and bathroom could not have been better. Very tastefully furnished and decorated, with an incredibly comfortable bed. It is so dog friendly, and it was so good to have a beautiful room with our dog with us, rather than, as often happens, the worst room in the hotel. It truly is a dog friendly hotel. Dogs are valued as much as the humans, which is wonderful!

The inclusive breakfast was very good, car parking very easy, with plenty of space, and the location is excellent.

We shall definitely be back (with our dog of course!).

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We very much enjoyed our one-night stay at the Exmoor Manor Hotel... the current owners have done a great job of tastefully modernizing the hotel while keeping its historic features. Our room and ensuite were very comfortable and clean and overlooked an attractive side garden and fields stretching up the hill. We had made dinner reservations but, due to horrendous traffic, arrived much later than expected... still the staff went out of their way to make us welcome and provided a delicious dinner in the Beggars Roost restaurant and bar... washed down with excellent beer!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eclark2015
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed one night here, absolutely brilliant. We set off early from home, so having set off with the Hotels address as our SatNav destination we arrived at 9.45 am, we popped in to just let them know we were around, Kevin was very helpful on things to do and see as we didnt know the area at all, then Jan said oh your rooms ready, so completely unexpected we were in our room enjoying a cuppa by 10am, then off out for the day.
Lovely couple, room was a good size and clean, fridge very useful too.
Definately stay here again